Read 1. Ladd: Introduction, 1- 5; Chapter 2 Old Berlin, 41-81
- “General Introduction,” Metropolis Berlin: 1880-1940, edited by Iain Boyd Whyte and David Frisby (University of California Press, 2012), 1-5.
- Horst Matzerath, “Berlin, 1890-1940” (excerpt) in Metropolis 1890-1940, edited by Anthony Sutcliffe (The University of Chicago Press, 1984), 289-298. Use quotations or references to the assigned works. Please answer these three questions:
- Brian Ladd’s book, The Ghosts of Berlin, begins with the sentence, “Berlin is a haunted city.” In what way is Berlin “haunted”?
- Why does Ladd believe “memories cleave to the physical settings of events”?
- Why was the demolition of the GDR (East German) Palace of the Republic and the reconstruction of the former palace so controversial?
an Educator, I believe in order for me to implement my philosophies of Multicultural Education onto students, I would need to remember that each student is different, which makes them unique. Therefore, my teaching practices should be unique as well. Students cannot be categorized into a singular category. To further their education as an Educator, I believe I should have a well-developed understanding of what diversity is and the effects of diversity within the classroom, as well as an understanding of the crucial race theory, resistance theory, and the cultural difference theory. My teaching methods will reflect the teaching method of Epistemological philosophy and its processes. Epistemology is the study of the nature and scope of knowledge and justified belief (Truncellito, D. A., 2014). It assesses the nature of knowledge and how it relates to similar notions like truth, belief, and rationale. Additionally, it addresses the way of production of knowledge, as well as skepticism about different knowledge claims (Truncellito, D. A., 2014). I believe there is enormous amount of power in hands-on learning and learning through discovery and exploration. Diversity Diversity’s definition means a lot more than just acknowledging a difference in individuals (Gilbertson, G. 2016). Diversity is a set of methods that involve recognizing and enjoying interdependence of humankind, cultures, as well as the environment, practicing mutual respect for experiences and qualities that are very different from our own, recognizing that diversity includes not just ways of being but also ways of knowing (Gilbertson, G. 2016), and understanding that cultural, personal and sociological discrimination creates and sustains statements for a time creating and sustaining disadvantages for many others and construction of alliances across gaps in order that we can interact to eliminate all forms of discrimination especially within the school system (Gilbertson, G. 2016). Diversity includes knowing just how to connect solely to those qualities a>GET ANSWER