Remote care and diagnosis is a continuing and increasingly important method for nurses to help deliver care to patients to promote safety and enhance health outcomes. Understanding best EBPs and building competence in delivering nursing care to remote patients is a key competency for all nurses. Additionally, in some scenarios, while you may be delivering care in person you may be collaborating with a physician or other team members who are remote. Understanding the benefits and challenges of interdisciplinary collaboration is vital to developing effective communication strategies when coordinating care. So, being proficient at communicating and working with remote health care team members is also critical to delivering quality, evidence-base care.
The Vila Health: Remote Collaboration on Evidence-Based Care simulation provide the context for this assessment.
You will create a 2 page paper to include the following
• Propose an evidence-based care plan that you believe will improve the safety and outcomes of the patient in the Vila Health Remote Collaboration on Evidence-Based Care media scenario.
• Discuss the ways in which an EBP model and relevant evidence helped you to develop and make decision about the plan you proposed
• Identify the benefits of the remote collaboration in the scenario, as well as discuss strategies you found in the literature or best practices that could help mitigate or overcome one or more of the collaboration challenges you observed in the scenario.
• Propose an evidence-based care plan to improve the safety and outcomes for a patient based on the Vila Health Remote Collaboration on Evidence-Care media scenario.
• Explain the ways in which an EBP model was used to help develop the care plan.
• Reflect on which evidence was most relevant and useful when making decisions regarding the care plan.
• Identify benefits and strategies to mitigate the challenges of interdisciplinary collaboration to plan care within the context of a remote team.