Create a list of materials needed for one center or area of a classroom that could be utilized in an early learning environment. Research your list, using your course materials and the Internet, justifying why the materials are needed and where to purchase them, and create a budget to accomplish this. Describe what educational concept and goals these materials help achieve.
As you create your center, keep in mind issues related to developmentally appropriate practices and how your center or area can contribute to an environment in which diverse students feel comfortable and thrive.
You will be asked to share this center design with an administrator in the ECE field and gather input and feedback as to whether your design would be useful or practical.
Using APA style and format, write a report (2–4 pages) that includes your plan and the administrator feedback. Include the following in your report:
• List materials appropriate for a center in an early childhood learning environment and explain what educational concept the materials help support.
• Explain how materials contribute to an environment in which diverse learners feel comfortable and thrive.
• Explain how materials support developmentally appropriate practices.
• Include an appropriate budget for purchasing the materials, the location where such materials can be purchased, and administrator feedback.
• To support your explanations, refer to course readings and/or outside research appropriate for a scholarly audience.