Which has proven more consequential to American history: the New Deal and World War II (1933-1945) or the Great Society and the Vietnam War (1964-1975)? Use the assigned biographies of FDR and of LBJ. You may want to think about your response in terms of culture and society, the economy, politics, and foreign relations to answer this question.
Respond to this prompt in a 1,200-word essay. The first part of your paper’s body should use Winkler’s biography of FDR to explain the significance of the New Deal and World War II. Next, use Bullion’s biography of LBJ to explain the significance of the Great Society and Vietnam War. The last part of your paper’s body should argue which one was more consequential for America. Answer the question with a clear thesis statement in the introduction and summarize everything in a concluding paragraph. You may not use outside sources but you may use your textbook and lecture notes to help your argument. This paper is due 23 April. Submit a hard copy and upload a copy to Turnitin.com before class begins. Staple your paper before handing it in.
-Thesis (5 points): Is there a thesis statement that clearly responds to and answers the prompt?
-Argument (35 points): Is the argument consistent with the thesis? Does the paper show solid reasoning, analysis, and interpretation of the materials? Is there a logical flow?
-Use of sources (30 points): Does the paper show an understanding of the sources? Are the sources integrated into the paper’s argument or does the paper simply quote from sources without using, integrating, or explaining them?
-Writing (25 points): Is the writing clear of errors in grammar, punctuation, and syntax? Is the paper well-organized? Does it follow the “Style Guide”? Are there excessive quotations?
-Format/Citation (5 points): Is the format correct? Does the paper use proper in-text citation as explained in the “Style Guide”?
1. Parameters. Your paper will be in Times New Roman with 12-point font, double-spaced, and have one-inch margins. It will be 1000-1200 words long, or approximately four pages.
2. Thesis statements and topic sentences. Your thesis statement establishes your position; everything should revolve around your thesis statement. You must make it clear and strong so the reader knows how you have answered the essay prompt. The rest of your paper explains your position. A topic sentence is like a thesis statement for a single paragraph. It establishes the importance of that paragraph and how it relates to the thesis statement. The rest of the paragraph is evidence on behalf of that topic sentence. It is important for the writer to make the connections for the reader.
3. Past tense. You are writing about events that happened in the past, so use the past tense.
4. NO passive voice. The passive voice uses “to be” verbs. It is weaker, less certain, and less direct than an active voice. Here is an example of the passive voice: “The hat was placed there by Jim.” A better, clearer, simpler, more direct way is: “Jim placed the hat there.”
5. ONLY third-person voice. This paper should be written in the third-person (he, she, they) and the writer should avoid both first-person and second-person voice. First-person voice includes such words as I, me, us, our, etc. Second-person is the word you. Further, avoid saying “I believe that” or “It is my opinion” since the entire paper is what you believe.
6. “This/That” modifiers. The words “this,” “that,” and their various forms are modifiers. They modify something. You need to add what it modifies. For example, the following can be confusing: “This proves my point.” Rather, you need to say what “this” refers to: “This statistic proves my point.”
7. Quotes do NOT stand alone. You, the author, are to use quotes within your sentences. You are to integrate them into your writing and to explain why it works; but they do not stand alone as their own sentences. Because your papers are not long enough to warrant them, do not use block quotes. Also, quotes will not be more than one sentence in length.
8. In-text citation. You will use in-text citation, which parenthetically denotes the author and the page number. Quotes and in-text citation should look like this:
President Lyndon Baines Johnson understood that America race relations still had a long path but “he had begun the process of freeing his home region and his fellow citizens from the bonds of the past” (Bullion, 86).
9. Plagiarism. Plagiarism is a very serious offense in academics and UNG takes it very seriously. Plagiarism is duplicating someone’s writings or ideas without properly crediting them and passing it off as your own. Plagiarism can include: a) copying word-for-word what someone says without giving them credit; b) copying their idea or concept without giving the author proper credit; c) it can also include copying how someone says something, even if you do give them credit. Penalties are severe, including failing the course. If you have any doubt whatsoever about whether or not something constitutes plagiarism, don’t do it. If you have doubt, a good rule of thumb is to merely quote the individual and cite the author properly.
10. More than one draft. Give yourself time to make changes and revisions. I know enough to spot a rough draft; such papers are graded accordingly. Have a friend read your paper to ensure that you have clearly presented your thesis and arguments and that there are no grammatical errors or visit the Writing Center. In your paper, make sure to eliminate all contractions, colloquialisms, and jargon. The way you speak is not the same as how you write. In case of printing problems, keep an electronic copy on a flashdrive.
Chapter 13 and 14 of Our Origins focuses on how the shift to agriculture, which took place only 10,000 years ago, has dramatically increased our success (in terms of survival and reproduction) as a species. Although our transition from foraging and hunting to agriculture has allowed us to grow exponentially as a population, Larsen mentions that there are also many costs that this dramatic change in lifestyle has rendered.
One:For part one of this discussion, describe the biological consequences of global climate change, population increase, and technology.
Two:Then, consider what the future implications may be for humans today if we continue on our current path. Will our success become our demise? Next, considering the resources I have provided in this unit, make your own argument for a solution to our potential downfall.
Title: Essentials of Physical Anthropology: Discovering Our Origins Edition: 3rd (2016) Author: Clark Spencer Larsen ISBN: 978-0-393-93866-1
Now and again, people have been known to state," What might they have the capacity to do to empower some person they to understand that is being mistreated?" There are an extensive variety of plans that people can do to help those in require that are locked in with a forceful conduct at home relationship. As showed by the Michigan State Police there are diverse courses of action drew in with helping someone. Appreciating what one is talking about by having some establishment on damaging conduct at home. Persistently let them understand that your ears are open at whatever point they need to talk. Help them however much as could sensibly be normal by staying alert, understanding and enduring in getting some answers concerning their security. All in all, never let them think it is their fault, keep watching out for that however much as could be normal. There is reliably ways to deal with get help when some person needs it. They can do all things considered by calling the mystery National Domestic Hotline (DMVH) at 1-800-799-SAFE (7233), they are available to the United States, 24 hours, 7 days seven days, and open 365 days a year. The DMVH have counselors to help them in getting them information and referrals for themselves, their children, secure, and true blue enable (Michigan To state Police). There are various diverse things that you could do to help a setback or even a loss herself can do. It may be correspondingly as straightforward as getting a phone index to find what relationship in your gathering help with, for instance, business or even tyke mind. There are other unmistakable things that ought to be conceivable, for instance, searching for managing or even care gatherings. While you are searching for prompting, guarantee you recognize atmosphere the teacher is for the misused and has had comprehension of working with the mauled. To the exclusion of everything else stay dynamic however much as could be required to help your certainty, boldness, and getting you opportunity back (Women Web, Getting Help). Forceful conduct at home asylum, every now and again called a women's safe house is a building or set of lofts where setbacks of mistreat can search for shield. These shelter regions are kept private so these women's abusers can't find them. Safe houses are known to outfit those abused and their youths with asylum, support and childcare. Since there are especially obliged conditions for abiding at a sheltered house, various refuges help game plan of enduring homes and occupations (Help oversee). There are assorted things that ought to be conceivable resulting to leaving an asylum so their abuser doesn't find them. The best 3 things that you can do are: 1.) get and unlisted number, 2) use a P.O. Box, 3.) open new money related adjusts and Mastercards (Help oversee). In the wake of discovering how real Domestic mercilessness truly was, the Domestic Violence Bill, 2006 was passed. The Domestic Violence Bill was proposed to allow more help and easing of the misuse. The purpose behind this Bill was to allow those related with injurious conduct at home the most extraordinary security that the laws can give. These laws have made it necessary for all police central station to have specific workplaces to oversee and give legitimate commitment on the officers to help a challenge oppressive conduct at home. Under the game plan of this bill, cops are accept to instruct the loss as for their rights under, help in getting spread, offer restorative treatment, and to stop a criminal protesting. The Domestic Violence Act also empowers cops to catch the charged offender, without a warrant who is sensibly suspected to have given or who is crippling to present a show of forceful conduct at home on a setback. In case any individual is caught they are to be brought before an equity inside forty-eight hours (Government Gazette) Under the Michigan Constitution, (Art. I, Sec. 24; eff. Dec. 24, 1988) and the Crime Victim's Rights Act, (1985 PA 87; MCL 780.751) have given bad behavior setbacks the benefit to be treated with honorability and respect. Guaranteeing all is managed in a promising way following a catch. The setback in like manner has the benefit to get emergency and remedial organizations. Get an illumination of all court systems. This exhibition empowers them to be guaranteed of being free of any threats, showings, and in addition discharge from your supervisor. The name of the Prosecutor's who is dealing with the case. Any reserved court techniques, including denouncing, the prosecutor's release on bond or escape from guardianship while foreseeing trial. The probation workplaces address and telephone number. Go to the court trial and set forth an oral articulation to a pre-sentence expert, and to make an impact clarification which will be fused into the pre-sentence report. Setbacks are also allowed to get information concerning the conviction, sentence, confinement, and landing of the charged. (Michigan Prosecuting Attorney Associations). There are different effects of the misuse. In case some person had physical abuse they may encounter the evil impacts of whole deal prosperity ensnarements. Misused women every now and again have anxiety, weight, low essentialness, demoralization, a resting issue, loss of craving, or even headaches. They may assume that they failed the relationship. They have furthermore been known to be humiliated and not empowering others to know exactly what had unfolded. In basically every occurrence of Domestic Violence, women have communicated that they have lost their certainty and nonappearance of assurance. Women have similarly been known to have shock and fear towards themselves and their abuser. They are also known to isolate themselves from other, for instance, family and mates (Women's Web, The Effect of Abuse). As demonstrated by Direnfeld (2007), the result of eager and mental can continue going for a long time or even lifetime. It impacts the loss and in addition different relatives and later associations. A significant part of the time, adolescents have the damage of the viciousness. These children create to wind up spooks in their own specific right whose direct the harmed parent can't control and whose lead is reinforced by the guilty party. There are various things that a setback needs to remember, it's hard to do everything immediately. Between the police, and safe houses, the setback has other they can speak with; rather it is a guide or even some person that has encountered it. There essential concern they need to know what are their rights? References Direnfeld, G. MSW, RSW (2007). Alumbo, the Long Arm Of Domestic Violence. Recuperated July 24, 2009 from http://www.alumbo.com/article/32544-The-Long-Arm-Of-Domestic-Violence.html Government Gazett (2006). Forceful conduct at home Bill, 2006. Recuperated July 22, 2009 from http://www.kubatana.net/docs/legisl/dom_viol_bill_060630.pdf Help control (2008). Forceful conduct at home and Abuse: Help, Treatment, Intervention, and Prevention Retrieved July 24, 2009 from http://www.alumbo.com/article/32544-The-Long-Arm-Of-Domestic-Violence.html Michigan Prosecuting Attorney Associations (2008). Loss Rights. Recuperated July 20, 2009 from http://www.michiganprosecutor.org/Victim.htm Michigan State Police (2009). Harsh conduct at home Awareness. Recuperated July 20, 2009 from http://www.michigan.gov/msp/0,1607,7-123-1589_1711_4577 - ,00.html Women Web (2009). Harsh conduct at home, The Effect of Abuse. Recuperated July 25, 2009 from http://www.womensweb.ca/severity/dv/effects.php Women Web (2009). Harsh conduct at home, Getting Help. Recuperated July 25, 2009 from http://www.womensweb.ca/severity/dv/help.php>GET ANSWER