- What is a family business and why is it an important part of the economy?
- What factors do you need to consider when planning for succession inside a family business? What are some of the ways in which you can ensure success in succession planning?
- Discuss the systems theory as applied in family business. How would a “business first “and a “family first” business approach some of the issues that come up in managing a family business.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of family business compared to non-family businesses?
- What do you think is the future of family business in the context of disruptive changes taking place in the society?
- What is governance in family business? Discuss some of the ways in which family businesses achieve governance.
- Discuss at least three business valuation techniques that an owner can use to sell their business to the next generation.
- What is estate planning in family business? How can an existing owner plan for an estate plan that optimizes the transfer of assets to the next generation?
- How can a family business promote strategic growth in the second and third generations? What would be the main issues that would drive and impede growth?
- Discuss the role of outside non family business managers can play in growth of family business. Under which circumstances should non family business managers be invited in to manage the family business?
at the same time as This aspect of Paradise gave us an perception into Fitzgerald’s early improvement, his following novel, The beautiful and Damned, explores the uncertainties that the writer faced regarding his destiny as a writer alongside his commitments to his new wife, Zelda. For Amory concludes on this side of Paradise that artwork and life are hostile, at the same time unique spheres, suggesting that you can actually most effective write on the expense of and ‘instead of dwelling’ , a notion that reputedly haunted Fitzgerald, who endeavoured to balance these commitments, albeit in unsettling concord. After their marriage in 1920, Fitzgerald and Zelda remained in new york to enjoy their movie star reputation. however, Fitzgerald was worried that this was stopping his writing and as a consequence, in the hope that lifestyles could be less demanding outside of the town, they rented a house in Westport for the summer months. After an unproductive summer however, the couple lower back to big apple in the autumn. This pattern of renting houses and touring have become function of the Fitzgerald’s who in no way did calm down or absolutely establish a home for themselves. instead they remained continuously at the move, much like a number of the characters in Fitzgerald’s fiction, specifically Anthony and Gloria. It become that winter after coming back from Westport, that Fitzgerald completed The stunning and Damned and, in a letter to his literary agent, Charles Scribner, defined the point of interest of the novel to be Anthony, ‘one of those many with the tastes and weaknesses of an artist but with no real creative thought. How he and his lovely younger wife are wrecked at the shoals of dissipation is informed within the tale’ . now not handiest does this echo the tale of Fitzgerald and Zelda’s own dissipated living, however additionally indicates that’s possibly Anthony’s loss of ‘innovative notion’ was additionally a difficulty for Fitzgerald who relied heavily upon his own existence experiences for writing fabric. In truth, Fitzgerald relied closely upon Zelda for idea too and in a witty assessment of The lovely and Damned inside the big apple Tribune, she mentioned that ‘Mr Fitzgerald seems to believe that plagiarism starts offevolved at domestic’ ; a touch upon his having attributed various fragments of an old diary and letter of hers, to Gloria. With this in thoughts i've selected a key scene, The winter of Discontent, with a purpose to discover to what degree Fitzgerald’s personal lifestyles as a newlywed parallels Anthony and Gloria’s and the effect it could have had at the Fitzgerald caricature. despite the fact that the passage first of all shows that Anthony and Gloria had retained their good-looking look despite their dissipated dwelling, and even though they look at their weekend revelry with ‘some form of unholy exhilaration’ , the title of the passage implies in any other case. For rather than pleasure, the couple are fuelled with the aid of discontent, suggesting that their ruin turned into both inevitable and forthcoming. Given the era wherein Fitzgerald lived and Anthony exists, it is unsurprising that alcohol, particularly ‘excessive-balls’, are a weak point for Anthony. For irresponsible consuming was function of the Jazz Age and had unfavorable consequences for Anthony, whose inability to withstand ‘simply one excessive ball’ again and again marks the beginning of Gloria and his raucous weekend’s among the ‘noisiest and maximum conspicuous part[ies]’ . Anthony’s consuming additionally profoundly echoes Amory’s on this aspect of Paradise. For even though Clara dispels the perception that Amory is a slave to high-balls, Amory attributes this weakness to himself and behaves thus. In trying to foster this habit, we'd speculate>GET ANSWER