Part of the modification process involves the analysis provided by government agencies. It is useful to be comfortable navigating various government sites to find information you need. In this assignment, you will explore both an executive branch agency, and a legislative agency, to see their analytical input on the policy making cycles of two specific policies.
Word Count: 300 words
Visit the following web pages and read the publications:
• Medical Devices: FDA Should Take Steps to Ensure That High-Risk Device Types Are Approved Through the Most Stringent Premarket Review Process. You do not need to read the entire GAO document. Focus mainly on the summary (or Results in Brief), including the recommendation or areas for which most of the assignment questions can be answered.
• H.R. 2, Children’s Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act of 2009
These publications describe communication from government agencies (the Government Accountability Office and the Congressional Budget Office) urging particular positions in regard to existing policies (classification of type III medical device safety and authorization for Children’s Health Insurance Program, respectively).
For each topic, answer the following questions:
• By what authorization is the agency analysis being offered?
• What existing policy is the agency addressing? Please provide name and short description.
• Is the agency taking a stand (if so, what is their stand) or just offering information (if so, why)?
• At what stage of the policy cycle was the agency analysis offered? Briefly explain.
• As of today, what has happened with regard to the modification?
• Who benefited from this modification (patients, providers, insurers, government)?
• Describe one impact a modification achieved by this proposal would have on an acute care community hospital.
In South Asian groups premarital relationships and in particular premarital sex is frowned upon and discouraged. young Muslims are finding themselves caught between an earthly society that has a liberal view on sexual relationships and a traditional network which views sex as taboo, each failing to offer suitable support consequently impacting negatively on their identity. Alyas karmani (2012) presents an in depth analysis of how cultural constraints on sex and relationships affect south Asian men which in turn lead to deviant sexual behaviour which cannot be attributed to both way of life. irrelevant sexual ‘relationships’ with younger white women who're often vulnerable, termed as ‘grooming’ is the new moral panic of British society. Medias over amplification of South Asian men involvement in those phenomena has similarly alienated sales space cultures and created a wedge of distrust among them. whilst karmani acknowledges that this phenomenon exists within the south Asian network he stresses that it's far a very small minority. but he is going on to say that the younger era want to be better educated in attitudes in the direction of women. In conclusion research suggests that British South Asian Muslims are at a crossroads with their identities, negotiating among an ethnic subculture encompassing values and beliefs which contradict with ‘Britishness’. on the surface this can paint a dismal picture but questioning of archaic cultural ideals has enabled the new generation of South Asian Muslims to accumulate an identification created from organization, assimilating into sure aspects of the host countries lifestyle but keeping markers of their cultural ethnicity which they deem as pivotal in defining who they are and in which they arrive from. although South Asian Muslims have come a long manner in carving out an identity for themselves, it's miles apparent that their ‘ethnicity’ is sizeable in laying the foundations to construct those identities. younger south Asian Muslims have no longer completely deserted their cultural roots, however as a substitute have chosen to control and mildew the values in their ancestors to manufacture an identification which encompass British norms at the same time as being specially precise to them. it's miles pointless to say elements like education, social class, gender are also full-size in defining who they are, however ethnicity is with the aid of far the most crucial in declaring their identity.>GET ANSWER