Prepare: Prior to beginning work on this discussion forum, review the following Week 1 and Week 2 required resources that focus on globalization, ethics, and moral reasoning. This will assist you in examining your own development of ethical and moral responsibilities as they relate to your Final Paper and its topic.
Read these articles from Week 1:
• From Globalism to Globalization: The Politics of Resistance
• Globalization, Globalism, and Cosmopolitanism as an Educational Ideal
• Transnationalism and Anti-globalism
Read these articles from Week 2:
• Introduction to Global Issues
• A Global Ethics for a Globalized World
• Virtue Ethics and Modern Society
• Classical Stoicism and the Birth of a Global Ethics: Cosmopolitan Duties in a World of Local Loyalties
Reflect: The change of our world from a local economy to a national economy to a global, international economy means that increasingly diverse populations will have to work together to achieve common goals. However, as the economy becomes increasingly global, local economies and people may suffer economic disadvantage or may find themselves marginalized from the rest of the world. Globalization creates ethical dilemmas for which we will need to find solutions.
Write: For this discussion, address the following prompts:
• Explain the implications of globalization.
• Identify at least two ethical issues that go along with the global societal topic you have chosen for your final essay. (Essay topic: Food and water security)
• Explain how globalization contributes to or affects these ethical dilemmas.
• Propose solutions to these ethical dilemmas that are feasible financially, socially, and culturally.