Suggested Reference for my experiment: Limits of the retrieval-inhibition construct: list segregation in directed forgetting.
Wilson SP1, Kipp K, Chapman K.
List-method directed forgetting with semantic related words
– What is directed forgetting?
– Why is it important
– Explain the typical pattern of result
– Introduce your extra factor
– How is this extra factor expected to affect Directed Forgetting performance
– State your hypotheses clearly and the direction of the result
– Using the same hypotheses from the ppt
o List 1 and 2 different + remember and forget different
Explain what you did clearly:
– IV : remember and forget
– DV : number of word recall
– Explain the different conditions clearly
– Include a figure of the paradigm
explain the sig. result clearly
o report your main effect and say what it means
o report your interactions and say what it means
? Performance between list 1&2 is different
o explain your interaction clearly
? eg. Subject report more item on list …….
? Use a pair test
o include correctly formatted figures of the result
o include figure legends that explain the data
ALL Data need and the Graph made is in the excel file “Graph”
Please add the graph in the report with figure legend
Mean age : 20.73 18-23 range ? total 30
– 2×2 mix ANOVA
– Interaction ? sig. ? F(1,28) = 11.987; p = 0.002 n = 0.3
– 2 Main effect ? not sig.
o List ? list 1, 2 ? not sig. F(1, 28) = 0.47; p = 0.83
o Between group ? remember and forget not sig. F(1, 28) = 1.187; p = 0.285
Remember condition ? Paired t-test between list 1 and 2 of remember condition ? sig. ? t(14) = -2.747 ; p = 0.016
Forget ? Paired t-test between list 1 and 2 of forget condition ? sig. ? t(14) = 2.185; p = 0.046
Please use APA method
Please put all the spss output from the 2 word files “SPSS……”in the appendix at the end of the report