Read chapters 10,11,12 and the conclusion in Mastering Money
Answer the following questions:
• Go to http://www.xyplanningnetwork.com/consumer/find-advisor/and figure out who you would want to hire as your adviser (you cannot hire me). Why did you decide to go with this person? Keep this person in mind for the future if you ever need help.
• When you think about your personal happiness and how it relates to money, what is “your number”? In other words, what income do you think you need to make per year to be happy and why?
• What material things would increase your happiness? A special car? House? I want you to put a number on your happiness.
• If you are in a relationship (or ever were), did you have any issues related to money that needed to be solved? If you were never in a relationship, what do you think would be some issues you might encounter in the future?
• Do you have any friends or family members who are not on the same page money-wise who you think you might need to talk to?
• Now that you are done with the class, what is the ONE most important thing you will remember from this class?
Required- “Mastering Money” A Simple Guide to Achieving Financial Success written by Dr. Inga Chira, PhD, CFP®, written for this class, will serve as a supplement to the textbook. You may find it on Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Money-Achieving-Financial-Successebook/dp/B077XP2TJN/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1529703008&sr=8- 1- fkmr0&keywords=Mastering+Money”+A+Simple+Guide+to+Achieving+Financ ial+Success++written+by+Dr.+Inga+Chira). It is $13.99 for a paper copy or 9.99 for kindel book. This is a short, fun, personal finance book written for people in their 20s. This is how we take the textbook material and apply it to our actual lives. All essays will be based on these materials.