Frederick Douglas Essay
Respond to one of the following prompts in a 700-750 word essay. Your answer should include direct references to the text, cited using Chicago-style footnotes. At the end of the essay, tell me the word count and put that in bold. Remember that you’re required to have an argumentative thesis and adhere to proper English grammar. Other quick notes: Five-paragraph essay, double-spaced, Times New Roman, size 12 font. No need to cite the Autobiography of Frederick Douglass using Chicago-style footnotes, but anything else you cite should be footnoted (just include the Autobiography in parentheses at the end of the sentence, along with the page number you’re citing).
Please also follow the guidelines I listed for how to write a five-paragraph essay (these are listed in the “Announcements” section on Canvas”).
1) Compare the narrative style of Frederick Douglass’ autobiography with that of Benjamin Franklin. Do they write for the same reason? How does their ultimate goal shape their narrative style?
2) For so much of this course, we’ve discussed competing notions of freedom in early America. How does Douglass define freedom? How does he achieve freedom?
3) Does this book tell us as much about general life in the nineteenth-century South as it does about Douglass’ own life? Think like a historian: how might we use Douglass’ book to learn about antebellum society more broadly?
4) Douglass describes several poignant turning points in his life. What, in your opinion, are the three most formative episodes in his personal evolution?
5) How does Douglass discuss the environment in his autobiography? What role does the natural world play in his narrative?
shop on their website. “Social media is an incredible tool at the fashion industry’s disposal for marketing. By leveraging social media brands can take control of public perception which is one among the many important factors in fashion marketing.” (Recklies, 2006). By having the control over the marketing process, brands can pick and choose who they want to promote the products and think about who will appeal most to a target audience. By doing this the brand are also able to control opinion and perception meaning that by showing the best parts of the brand and its products it will mean that more people will want to not only purchase the products but also support the brand. Some may say that the industry is manipulative and encourages conspicuous consumption by doing this. Pretty Little Thing promotes several different influencers and bloggers on their Instagram. A reoccurring face would be the ever-growing fashion influencer, Emily Shak. She has a platform where she shows off her never-ending amount of clothes and her desirable style. Emily Shak has been known to collaborate with many brands and has even had a few of her own collections with some of them. Her Instagram has a mixture of high end and high street brands all over it, from Balenciaga to Pretty Little Thing therefore using someone like Emily Shak to promote their brand will influence her audience to shop there in a bid to achiever her lifestyle. Although someone like Emily Shak is a Slim and attractive woman Pretty Little Thing is also very keen on promoting body confidence and showing that not all girls have to be super model skinny to be beautiful, they also use influencers with non-normative body types and a diverse range of beauty. Pretty Little Thing have recently introduced a new feature on their website where they now include images of most of the clothes being modelled on two different body types; size 8 and size 16, this highlights the fact that there should not be a divide or rules when it comes to who can wear what when it comes to body t>GET ANSWER