- Identify a nursing theory that has influenced your values and goals.
- Explain how nurses apply the identified theory from part A to implement excellent nursing practices.
- Discuss how the identified theory from part A fits your professional practice.
- Identify the contributions of two historical nursing figures in the nineteenth or twentieth century.
- Compare the differences in contributions of the two historical figures identified in part B.
- Describe how the contributions of the two historical figures influence your professional nursing practice.
- Explain the functional differences between the State Board of Nursing and the American Nurses Association (ANA).
- Define the roles of these two organizations.
- Explain how these two organizations influence your nursing practice.
- Explain the requirements for professional license renewal in your state.
Discuss the consequences of failure to maintain license requirements in your state.
- Compare the differences between registered nursing license requirements in a compact state versus a non-compact state.
Discuss the functional differences between the Food and Drug Administration and the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (see the web links below).
- Discuss how the two regulatory agencies influence your professional nursing practice.
- Describe your role as a patient advocate in promoting safety when a patient has requested to use an alternative therapy.
- Discuss the purposes of the Nurse Practice Act in your state and its impact on your professional practice.
- Discuss the scope of practice for a RN in your state.
- Discuss how your state defines delegation for the RN.
- Apply each of the following roles to your professional practice:
A manager of the healing environment
- Identify two provisions from the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics (see web link below).
- Analyze how the two provisions identified in part G influence your professional nursing practice.
- Describe a nursing error that may occur in a clinical practice (e.g., clinical setting, skills lab, or simulation)
- Explain how the ANA provisions identified in part G can be applied to the error discussed in part G2.
- Identify four leadership qualities or traits that represent excellence in nursing.
- Discuss the significance of the four leadership qualities identified in part H in the nurse’s role as each of the following:
A leader at the bedside
Within a nursing team or interdisciplinary team
- Identify how your work environment impacts the following:
On September 11, 2001, America encountered an assault. At a young hour early in the day at around 8:45 am a flight conveying 20, 000 gallons of fly fuel advanced toward the northern side of the world exchange focus tower hitting the 80th floor. This prompt the passing of hundred or more people in addition to other were caught on the higher floors of the world exchange focus situated in New York. Somewhere in the range of couple of minutes after the fact a similar world exchange focus building was hit with another plane which hit the 60th floor, and this prompted an enormous blast that frightened the entire express that without a doubt America was under assault. Promptly amid the assault, the media figured out how to make a live communicate of the assault in order to illuminate people in general of the event. The organizers of the assault of the September 11 did it consummately to such an extent that they guaranteed that there was no hole of the assault to general society. The aggressor did not make utilization of any electronic type of correspondence, and along these lines this radio quietness helped them execute their arrangement adequately. Amid the assault, the national government experienced different correspondence breakdown, and this influenced how the calamity was dealt with. An authority from the 9/1 1gave an announcement and said that the central government experienced different correspondence breakdowns amid the assault (Asaeda, 2005). The report that was given demonstrated that the frameworks of correspondence that were set up had fizzled. Amid the assault, the individuals who were working the planes endeavored to achieve the Federal Aviation Administration by means of remotely coordinating, yet this demonstrated troublesome. The FAA did not join the gathering for just about 15 minutes and even after they had gone along with they didn't take a quick move. The FAA personals engaged with the conferencing did not have the expert to manage the circumstance as the senior authorities were missing. This deferral in the handing-off of data between the administrators and the FAA contributed a great deal to the assault being fruitful. In the event that the authority reacted ahead of time, at that point a quick arrangement would have been embraced to manage the circumstance. Quickly the assault occurred it just took a couple of minutes, and the firefighters were on the ground. The assault prompted a few people being harmed and may others losing their lives. The doctor's facilities in New Jersey, New York and the neighboring territories set themselves up for the assault. The healing facility beds were anchored, and the elective medical procedures that were occurring were put to a stop to prepare for the casualties of the assault. St Vincent who was the nearest injury focus roughly 1.6 km from the world exchange focus was loaded up with casualties of the event. New York Cornell Hospital managed the consume patients as it is the main consume focus in Manhattan. The medical attendants and the specialists were not permitted to leave the healing facilities due to the vast number of patients that were being raced to the clinics (Kendra and Wachtendorf, 2003). The protect groups including the firefighters and the policemen were set up to guarantee that the circumstance was under control. Altogether the safeguard group figured out how to spare the lives of twenty people who had been caught in the building. The specialists on call experienced a few difficulties when the WTC assault occurred. After the bombarding of the world exchange focus in 1993 radio repeaters were introduced in the pinnacle to ease correspondence however the firefighters didn't know that the repeaters were working. Amid the assault, there was little correspondence between the police division and the fire office and in this manner when the police were told to empty the working subsequent to understanding that the pinnacle was at a danger of falling the firefighters were not educated. The firefighters needed data about the fall of the building since they were not viewing the news communicate and furthermore on the grounds that the correspondence place for the police which could have used to advise them had been emptied because of the danger that the building will crumple. The provisions for different hardware required for safeguard deferred and this along these lines disabled the protect circumstance. The administration organizations reacted truly well to the calamity. The different save groups and firefighting groups were set up, and they demonstrated their fortitude in the scene. They figured out how to spare a great deal of lives, and the individuals who were harmed were quickly hurried to the doctor's facility. The healing center having been frightened by the circumstance had officially arranged for the debacle and had their specialists set up to deal with the current circumstance. The protect groups experienced issues with correspondence, and subsequently the swarming of the correspondence organize made it difficult for the healing center to decide the patients are originating from the world exchange focus assault (Simon and Teperman, 2001). Regardless of the correspondence breakdown the healing centers still figured out how to deal with the patients and make more beds for the world exchange focus unfortunate casualties. In future, the legislature should, accordingly, guarantee that they have correspondence reinforcement if there should be an occurrence of such an event in future. The world exchange focus sent an enlivening call to the legislature of the United States concerning their planning for such catastrophes. The way that the pinnacle has been a site of enthusiasm for some psychological militants on account of the numerous individuals it suits and its area also. The administration should, thusly, set up safety efforts that will help check such circumstances in future. The enlivening call has additionally helped the administration to enhance the catastrophe administration procedure that was set up previously.>GET ANSWER