to format a portfolio that reflects your accomplishments, skills, and professional readiness in preparation for future professional interactions.
You can enhance your professional portfolio by providing a space to show how your personal ethics and values align with the mission and vision of the organization where you desire or intend to work. Stating short- and long-term professional goals demonstrates planning and foresight to future employers, while presenting a plan to achieve those goals conveys planning and strategic ability.
Include the following in your portfolio:
• Demographics: Include your name, email, phone number, and any other relevant contact information.
• Personal Mission Statement / Goals: In 500-750 words, describe how your personal ethics and values align with the mission and vision of the health care organization where you intend to work. Include professional goals and your plans to achieve them.
• Education/CEUs, Certifications, and Licenses: Provide documentation of education from accredited universities and colleges, including graduation dates, and any professional certifications or licenses. If you have them, include copies of diplomas, certificates, etc.
• Professional Organizations/Awards or Honors Earned: In addition to any awards or honors earned, list any professional organizations to which you belong and what positions you have held in the organization, if applicable.
• Resume: A short, one-page document of your work experience, education, and professional accomplishments.
• Examples of Work: Provide two examples of your work as either a learner or a professional. (Model of Leadership paper from Week 7 is recommended.)
• Letters of Reference: Include at least one academic and one professional reference