1) Select 6 pieces of public art from the chapter, and write an 800 word paper.
1) Define public art – quotes may be used from chapter 25.
2) Public art’s place in the community
3) Thoroughly discuss the 6 public art works
(You may also select public art works from your own
community as part of the 6)
4) Include a jpg or image of each artist’s work. Describe them including title, artist(if given), materials used, relative and approximate size, description of the piece – what it is about and what the artist may have intended.
5) Include your thoughts about how viewing art in “public areas” differs(or not) from going to galleries and museums. This a 800 word paper and worth
someone else is making the choice for them. Battin claims that no act is fully rational with coercion (131).Â This demonstrates that suicide by force could not be rational because if you are being forced with no other options then there is no way that could fully be your decision. Battin also reinforces this in which one of her criteria is that it should meet the interests of that individual (Williams, cited in Battin 1995, 146). Also, both of these points fail the criteria of ability to reason, in which they can move from premises to conclusion (Battin 133). If the individual is being forced or influenced by others, then they cannot figure out the premises or conclusion by themselves. If suicide is forced or not their decision, then it does not meet their interests but the interests of others, demonstrating that suicide in that regards could not be rational. One objection to my argument could be that the person was able to make those decisions by themselves even if they were coerced or influenced by anothe>GET ANSWER