Select a key topic to research and discuss.
Strategy and Competitiveness
Key topics are the major concepts addressed within each chapter. Concepts that have their own sections consisting of several paragraphs and begin with a bold font heading are appropriate key topics.
After you have selected your key topic, use the Internet to search for at least 5 scholarly resources that relate to the topic and have been published within the last 5 years. Academic articles and journals must be reputable and obtained from professional websites that address the content of this course. Popular magazines and online sources such as Wikipedia are not permissible.
After reading the articles, select 1 article relating to your key topic that you wish to use in your thread. Your thread must be posted in the text box and in addition to posting the thread in the text box, attach a Word file of your thread. Adhere to the following format:
1. Key Concept Explanation: Define your key topic by using a source other than the textbook. Give a clear, concise overview of the essential elements relevant to understanding your key topic. In addition, explain why you are interested in this topic (e.g., academic curiosity, application to a current issue related to employment, or any other professional rationale). This section must be at least 100 words.
2. Comparison: In about 200 words compare your research with what you have studied during the module in which the key topic/thread is assigned. Note differences or commonalities about your key topic, providing evidence that you have extended your understanding of this topic beyond the textbook readings.
3. Article Summary: In your own words, provide a clear and concise summary of the article you selected. This section must be at least 200 words.
4. Biblical Integration: Include at least 3 appropriate biblical references. Explain the relevance of your key topic to God’s law and how it can be applied in a Christian context. This section must be at least 100 words.
5. Application: Specifically state how your key topic has been applied to real-world businesses or describe the potential your key topic has to influence today’s business world. Your application must possess a professional rationale that demonstrates the significance of your key topic. This section must be at least 100 words.