1) What is informed consent and why is it necessary to the sociological research process? （Should be around 125 words long (full paragraph)).
2) How do sociologists select the appropriate research method to answer their research question? (Should be around 125 words long (full paragraph)).
3) Carry out each of the 3 following steps. (a) Ask a sociological research question followed by a hypothesis. Be sure to ask a sociological question about social variables (think race, class, gender, age, etc) and ask how they relate to each other. It cannot be a yes/no question – you may want to review the lecture on methods and questions before completing this question. (b) Identify the independent and dependent variables in your question. (c) Explain which research method you think would be best to test your hypothesis, and why it would actually be able to answer your question. (Should be roughly 150 words long (long paragraph)).
4) Explain the relationship between sampling methodology and the scientific principle of generalizability. (Should be about 125 words long (a full paragraph)).
5) In the example discussed on page 22, is the relationship between higher education and higher earnings a causal one, a correlation, or a spurious relationship? How could this be determined? (Should be about 125 words long (a full paragraph)).
Overall, social media platforms like Instagram and YouTube have introduced a new and modern way of approaching the fashion industry and has shown how important it is to build a relationship with consumers by using influencers to make a brand more desirable and be something that is a necessity. Social media has also shown how people like to be in the know and be able to feel a personal connection to a brand. In the next chapter I will be looking at how the high-end brand Burberry uses social media on regards to the topics I investigated and discussed in this chapter. CHAPTER 2: Burberry For my research I decided to analyse how high-end and high-street brands use social media and influencers to benefit their businesses. I will look at marketing strategies, how they interact with their audiences and how they approach body image. Burberry is a well-known British brand that captures the quintessential style of Britain. They are known for their classic designs and timeless silhouettes that are sentimental to British history. Burberry may appeal more to an older audience but in recent years they have become more desirable to a younger audience due to influencers advertising the brand. In terms of the market this strategy this will increase sales to the brands target audience, social media helps this happen because they can approach the right people. An example of Burberry doing this is sharing pictures of celebrities like Stormzy (fig.1) who are relatable and is someone that an audience has watched grow to the point where he is able to wear a luxury brand like Burberry. Using someone like Stormzy also shows that Burberry have a sense of diversity and that anyone from any background can wear and use their products. This helps with marketing because Stormzy’s audience and followers will want to investigate the brand and see it as something they would want to wear. In terms of Burberry and their way of portraying body image, they use celebrities i>GET ANSWER