There are many types of communication styles used in the workplace. Choose what you think is your leadership style: north, south, east, or west. Click the Leadership Compass: Appreciating Diverse Work Styles (downloads as a PDF) link for details. (Scroll halfway down the page to where it says (Results) to read the description of each style. The first set of descriptions is for north.)
• Which of the four directions do you believe is your style?
• What are the strengths of your style? (at least four adjectives)
• What are the limitations of your style? (at least four adjectives)
• Which style do you find the most difficult to work with in others, and why?
• What do the other directions need to know about you so that you can work effectively together?
• Analyze trending management issues to maintain lifelong learning in the rapidly evolving health care field.
Take How Good Are Your Leadership Skills Quiz. Reflect on your results and how they echo the week content. Share with your peers what specific skills you need to improve or develop to become a stronger leader. Explain what you are going to do to accomplish it. Make sure to support the comparison of your skills to the required one for a healthcare leader using the content resources.