Explore a country that provides universal health care. What are its health outcomes? How do these outcomes compare to those in the United States? Should universal health care be a concept that the DNP should support? Why or why not?
DNP-835 Week 4 DQ 2 due 5-10-19
The Commonwealth Fund provides an international review of health care systems. Read the Commonwealth Fund report, International Profiles of Health Care Systems, 2014, and take the associated quiz. Discuss what knowledge you gained from the quiz and describe any changes you would apply to the U.S. health care system.
Week 4 Paper due 5-11-19
The Quality and Sustainability Paper is a practice immersion assignment designed to be completed in three sections. This is part two of the assignment. Learners are required to analyze the quality outcomes and/or patient safety measures of a health care entity to determine its successes and failures, identify potential obstacles to the implementation of the measures, and determine what collaborative efforts are needed to create sustainability.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
• This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
• Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
• This assignment requires that you support your position by referencing at least six to eight scholarly resources. At least three of your supporting references must be from scholarly sources other than the assigned readings.
Write a 1,250-1,500 word paper that provides the following:
- Identify or create a health care entity. (Provide an overall description of this entity without using the real name; i.e. location, size, profit or nonprofit, years in operation). Do not give the real name of any entity or person you are describing.
- Using defined quality outcomes and/or patient safety measures, describe the health care entity’s successes and failures. Include identified criteria and data that demonstrate why this entity is successful and in what areas.
- Using the quality outcomes data, identify a quality or safety area that nursing science can impact. Describe the specific variables.
- Identify potential obstacles that may hinder the implementation of the quality or safety measure.
- Identify those groups or leadership roles within the entity with whom you may need to collaborate
Currently there are more than forty armed active conflicts across the globe. Many, like the ongoing conflict in Syria, have roots in ethnicity and religion. Throughout history, ethnic conflicts have long been a key component of international politics and affairs. Even today, in the post-cold war era, stated by Francis Fukuyama to be the “end of history” ethnic wars proceed to be the most common form of conflict around the globe. Ethnic conflict is considered to be “any episode of sustained violent conflict in which national, ethnic, and religious or other communal minorities challenge governments to seek major changes in status” (Bates et. Al, 2003). This interpretation of ethnic conflict belongs to the instrumentalist tradition most often associated with the international theorist Bates. Bates foremost point is that ethnic conflict is conflict among rational agents over scarce resources. He buttresses this claim by organising an astounding wealth of case-studies from Sub-Saharan Africa within his works. Additionally, there are two other mainstream causes accepted as the cause of conflict within international relations, these are the primordialist and constructivist accounts. In the recent years there have been multiple examples of ethnic conflict occurring, including ethnic war in Somalia, the Kurdish struggle for autonomy across Syria, Iran, Iraq and Turkey and guerilla wars in El Salvador (Sadowski, 1998). The United Kingdom itself has faced its own ethnic conflict in the past century, namely in Northern Ireland. All parties involved in the Northern Ireland conflict eventually came to what can be considered one of the greatest peace negotiations in history (BBC History, n.d.). The conflict in NI was eventually settled after years of bloody fighting and terror on the streets. This was down to a successful negotiated settlement through years of conflict transformation. However, this is not always the case and such a settlement is rarely achievable. It is claimed by many critics that ending ethnic conflict is difficult This essay will set to determine the factors which often prevent ethnic conflict from ending by; analysing various case studies, the individual context of which such conflicts may have occurred and thoroughly analysing the preventative measures and negotiated settlements which are frequently used and attempted to limit and end conflict (within the field of international relations). There are six key strategies to ending and transforming conflicts namely; state building, autonomy, power sharing, federation, suppression and negotiated settlements, all of which will be critically analysed in this essay. The impact of negotiated settlements on ethnic conflict Negotiated settlements can happen at three levels: national, inte>GET ANSWER