Victim Involvement and Restorative Justice
There has been a significant trend toward more victim involvement in the criminal justice system in recent years. Legislation has been passed to provide victims with certain rights, and there has been a movement to alter the U.S. Constitution with an amendment concerning victims’ rights. Victims have also participated in the process known as restorative justice, which focuses on the needs of both the offenders and the victims of a crime.
For this discussion, first read the following articles:
• Reassessing the Purpose of Punishment: The Roles of Mercy and Victim-involvement in Criminal Proceedings
• The “Independent Variable” in Restorative Justice: Theory-Based Standards for Evaluating the Impact and Integrity of Victim Sensitive Process (Part II)
• The Relationship Between Offense Seriousness, Intervening Time, and Victims’ Responses to the Offer of Restorative Interventions, and
• Restorative Justice
You may also find Forgiven helpful. In your initial post, discuss the following:
• Why is victim involvement important?
o Cite at least one example where it would be appropriate for a victim to be involved in a criminal trial and conviction process.
o Cite at least one possible negative consequence of allowing victims too much involvement in the criminal justice process.
• What are your own personal feelings regarding restorative justice theory? Do you believe the criminal justice system should foster a dialogue between offender and victim?
• What do you feel is the rationale behind the restorative justice theory and how it can resolve issues for victims?
See’s Candies is founded and headquartered in America, California and it has more than 200 shops across America. For more than 90 years, See’s Candies has been enthusiastic on making candy in Mary See’s way. See’s Candies only uses the freshest and finest ingredients in making each recipe. There are no preservatives added to the candy. The quality of the candies can be tasted in every piece. It is well-known for tastiness, with the pleasantest customer service since the year of 1921.Today, there are 100 different candies and chocolates provided by See’s Candies. There are international store in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Japan. The Product Line As See’s Candies had successfully run manufacture and retail candies and chocolates in America and some of the Asia countries, there is an opportunity to continuously enter various countries with their products. There are several candies and chocolates which provided/manufactured by See’s Candies. As mentioned, See’s Candies has 100 different candies and chocolates, therefore, See’s Candies can attract the new market by their best seller product. The best seller of See’s Candies included Nuts and Chew, Toffee-ettes, Sugar-free Peanut Brittles and so on. The best seller products that mentioned have potential to be distinguished in the market as it has consumer intentions. Hence, the candies and chocolates product lines have the potential to be lucrative for See’s Candies as it continues open global market. Market Opportunity Analysis-PEST The selection of potential market is an important decision which needed to take by See’s Candy to search for most suitable market. There are few factors that See’s Candy need to include in their consideration which are political, economic, social and technological.>GET ANSWER