Write a discussion post answering the following questions below:
1. What are some ways that a school social worker could assist a student who is homeless with a disability?
2. What are some challenges and some interventions that a school social worker can employ for a student to support the transition from school to adult life?
3. How would you assist school officials in discovering options to suspensions and expulsions? What specific roles could you play?
4. What are the negative implications for students who do not receive an education?
5. What are your thoughts on dress code policies? Discuss the dress code policies that were in place in your high school. Do you think that they would withstand a constitutional challenge?
6. What types of empowerment activities should students be responsible for in an effort to reduce school fights?
7. Discuss at least 2 ways that school social workers could educate their school community about the reality of school violence. Generate at least 2 types of processes that could involve students, teachers, and parents to own school violence as a problem.
8. Describe a single-system study to evaluate the outcomes of school social work services provided to an individual student. Choose an outcome measure, and describe how data will be collected. Also describe the services provided and the expected results.
9. Why is the evaluation of school social work services important?