Based on the same scenario as in Assignments 1 and 2, you are ready to begin considering the factors needed
for your proposal based on RFP #123456789, dated 07/14/2014. Remember that another local competitor
intends to submit a proposal as well.
Before beginning this assignment, review FAR Subpart 19.5—Set-Asides for Small Business.
Additional factors to consider are as follows:
- Both your company and your competitor’s company will qualify under the HUBZone Act (FAR 19.5).
- Based upon the scope of work required, your initial estimates for the contract will exceed $150,000.
Therefore, you are willing to offer incentives to the Navy.
- Your competitor intends to submit a proposal for a 1 year contract.
Write a 5-6 page paper in which you:
- Examine two (2) reasons why your business would qualify under the basic concepts of the HUBZone SetAside Procedures. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Analyze the primary way(s) in which a multiyear contract would benefit both the Navy and your business.
- Determine whether your bid proposal should be based on a fixed-price, a cost-reimbursement, or a timeand-materials type of contract. Provide a rationale for your response.
- Determine the category of incentives that you are willing to offer (i.e., cost, schedule, or performance).
Provide a rationale for your response.
- Determine whether your bid proposal should be a technical, management, or cost proposal. Provide a
rationale for your response.
- Speculate on five potential risk factors that you will need to consider if your company is awarded the
contract. Provide a rationale for your response.