I. Identification of Mental Health Disorder- Please use the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual, 5th edition and when explaining or giving a definition of Autism Spectrum disorder.
II. Final Paper- This paper needs to be a complete comprehensive literature review on Autism Spectrum Disorder. The final product should follow all APA guidelines for writing an academic literature review. This includes an APA title page, Table of content, proper internal citations and a proper reference page. You should also include a proper abstract that describes the overall content of the paper. Also, please keep in mind the proper use of grammar and spelling. This is an academic writing so it should be written in third person voice, in other words no use of “I” in the paper. It should be double spaced in a 10 or 12 point font such as Times New Roman.
Content of the Paper:
- Description of the Disorder-
A. Consult the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual, Fifth Edition and provide a description of Autism Spectrum Disorder as well as the diagnostic criteria used to make this diagnosis.
B. Also consider how the disorder presents differently in children/adolescents versus adults. Are there differences in the diagnostic criteria based on age, if so what are they?
C. Aside from just using the diagnostic criteria what else is used to determine if an individual is experiencing this disorder? In other words, are there certain psychological tests that are used to assist in diagnosing the disorder? If so, provide the names and a brief description of at least two of these types of measures.
- Psychological Theories to explain the disorder- You are to find at least two major psychological theories that provide an explanation for how Autism develops. You should explain the basic premise of each theory and then provide a more detailed description of how this theory explains the development of this disorder. Once you do this for each theory you should then compare and contrast the theories.
- Biological Basis of Disorder- You are to identify and explain the biological or bio psychological basis for this disorder. More specifically, what is the brain basis of the disorder? What do we know about the parts of the brain that are involved or impacted by this disorder?
A. Identify an empirically supported treatment for individuals with this disorder. Identify the basis of the treatment and briefly explain how the treatment is conducted.
B. Provide evidence for the efficacy of the treatment for this disorder. What does the research say about success rates of treating individuals with this type of disorder with this form of therapy?
- Multicultural Issues- A. How does this disorder present differently or how is it treated differently based on multicultural issues? What does the research literature say about how multicultural issues (for example, gender, race, military status, age etc.) affect the course or treatment of the disorder? Please identify at least two research studies that have looked at two different multicultural issues.
- Ethical/Legal issues- What is at least one ethical or legal issue that may have to be considered when working with individuals with this type of disorder? Identify what the issue is and explain how or why it applies to this disorder. Then describe how the research literature suggests this issue should be addressed.
- Future Research-What is being examined as future treatment options for individuals with this disorder? Alternatively, what does the literature say we still need to work on to understand about the disorder, in other words where is the current research focused and where is it headed?
several of the resources provide statistical information that want to be illustrated. “The statistic from this graph truly shows the odds of families’ income and of folks who would be affected by a minimal-salary increase on a commonly low to moderate stage. almost, 70.7 percent of affected families have a total circle of relatives income of much less than $60,000, and almost a quarter (23.6 percentage) have total circle of relatives profits of much less than $20,000. amongst all U.S. families, the median family profits in 2010 became $60,395” (modern populace Survey, 2010) . a number of the surveys effects are incorrect because of loss of schooling and erroneous records being furnished on the time the survey changed into given. The supply Neumak and Wascher, indicates support on finding a solution to assist low-profits employees. They had been able to shed light on how poverty has affected people that have low-incomes. Cooper explains, the odds of adolescents and adults that are targeted through the fast meals industries and that have no training (2015). This supply explains why the government will now not increase minimum salary because of the targeted age group. Get help together with your essay these days, from our professional essay writers! certified writers inside the difficulty of social policy are prepared and waiting to help you with your studies. Get assist with your essay View professionally written samples moral outcomes of answer some journalists have stated negative influences, inclusive of turnover costs and untrained people for small companies if wages are multiplied, the wonderful aspect of elevating wages could have, common. After reviewing the statistical facts, it shows that in most cases teenagers are targeted whilst bringing up minimal wage, that is due to the fact they're one in every of the largest institution that is affected by the minimal salary, which makes it consequences extra discernable. After reading the article Pay fairness and the country wide minimum salary, the author points out that reservation wages of more youthful people, that is lower than adult employees. Citizen throughout the us of a have had many worries approximately the repute of minimums salary getting abused shape number one earners in poor households, more than for the wages of young adults and different secondary earners form higher-earnings families. It also increases arguments on why younger people are receiving such low pay and sheds mild on the country wide minimum wage. The theories of salary manage range, but information pay tiers and pay dispersion; for that reason, proving that pay differs around the sector. those variations are primarily based on task requirements. more youthful adults are also centered via the fast food industries due to no task experience and lack of training. most teens are simply seeking to earn extra money rather than trying to take care of a circle of relatives. “The common age of affected workers is 36 years vintage. a bigger proportion of affected workers is age 55 and older (15.three percentage) than are young adults (10.7 percentage). approximately -thirds of affected workers are 25 years vintage or older” (Cooper, 2015). There were numerous of research acquire to expose that maximum young adults will no longer be tormented by the growth due to the fact most young adults best work component-time due to the fact they attend school. young adults can also analyze these training from many different sports or discussions. young adults need to no longer just depend upon minimal wage; but hold their education, which would cause an opportunity of having a better activity, when they emerge as an person. they will no longer most effective have activity enjoy but realize the cost of money and how it is able to help provide for his or her families. there's diverse motive on why minimal wage must be boom because society appears like worker are less probably to give up on higher-paid jobs. Sheposh explains how minimal wage has the lowest rate of pay that changed into set out for primarily the short food industry. The authorities or union negotiated and calculated hourly, weekly and monthly incentives to give you the primary countrywide minimal-wage law. He affords the status quo and timeline of minimal salary and the way it impacts positive elements of the u . s . a .. States like Alabama, Louisiana, Mis>GET ANSWER