This is a communication reflection report not an essay. you don’t have the subject area of reflection report that why I left it on essay. for this assignment you will have to read the lecture slides I will upload in order for you to be able to do this. this is a 1200 word document please read all the attachment before doing this assignment so you can have an understanding on what to do. the first attachment is the instruction of this assignment and the rest is in class lecture slides that will help you do this work. the last attachment will be a week 10 assignment3 it has all that will allow you to do well for this assignment. ask me any question you would like and I will explain it to you.
Word Length: 1,200 words
Due: Monday 14 May, 5 pm (Week 14)
You are a member of a communication team working for the ACT Government that is tasked with changing Canberra’s image as a boring city to visit, study and live in.
The city of Canberra has a long held reputation as a city that is dull and sterile. The ACT Government is currently changing this with slow but steady efforts to turn Canberra into a ‘Cool Little Capital’ through a range of initiatives.
For this assignment, you will take on the role of a member of the communication team promoting and informing publics about the ‘Cool Little Capital’.
You will be placed in one group for Weeks 3 – 6; and then you will join a different group from Weeks 7 – 12 for comparative data.
You will be given weekly scenarios in your tutorials that allow you to apply the concepts in the previous lectures to the ‘Cool Little Capital’ case study.
You will attempt to apply and/or observe the communication skills or concepts you learn about over the semester while working in your groups on the case study. Each skill may not be applicable every week (for example, you may not have any group-think in your group in the week you are provided with information on group-think).
At the end of each tutorial, you will spend a few minutes writing dot points about any observations YOU made regarding YOU in the context of your group. These notes will form the basis of a report on your observations of communication within your group.
Please note: you will not be assessed on your in-class group work. However, your group work will inform your final assignment.
You cannot use names of students in your Report. You can refer to students as X and Y or 1 and 2.
You cannot critique another student in your report. Any information you include must be a constructive and informed observation of your understanding of group communication.
Each claim you make in your Report you must be supported by evidence from your group work and linked to relevant communication theories from your readings. You may also make observations based on a comparison of your first and second groups.
Your Group Communication Reflection Report will:
• Begin with a rich definition and outline of group communication and its role and importance in professional life
• Identify and explain key concepts in group communication that you will apply to your analysis of your own groups in class using reputable sources
• Demonstrate these concepts by drawing on examples of your own group contribution to your group or groups
• Make comparisons in group communication between your first and second groups if this enhances your discussion
• Provide a critical (but constructive) analysis of the effectiveness of the group communication in your group or groups
• Outline your own group communication strengths and areas for improvement based on your analysis
This assignment must be informed by theory. You are required to have at least 6 ACADEMIC REFERENCES for this assignment. You may draw on the available relevant readings but are also encouraged to independently seek strong ACADEMIC (not pop website) sources.
NB Wikipedia is not an appropriate academic source although it can be a useful starting point to help you to find relevant research. Staff at UC library can help you to access relevant material, or you can ask your tutor.
Some modelling of this assignment will be available in your Week 10 lecture.
Your Group Communication Reflection Report is graded holistically on the basis of the following criteria. It:
• Demonstrates understanding of the key concepts in the assessment
• Exhibits your capacity for critical reflection on your own communication performance
• Exhibits your capacity for constructive reflection on communication within the groups
• Illustrates ability to apply communication theory to practice
• Shows evidence of your capacity for independent, relevant and thoughtful research
• Is well written and referenced
• Adheres to academic standards, including writing style and referencing.
This is what you should focus it about
Scenario 8 I dint contribute much in my group
It all in week10 assessment3 attachment
You can discuss::
(PProvide academic support for the claims you make))
• And ADD interpersonal communication//iintroversion//rrelationship theory//iintercultural communication
• Impact on group cohesion
• Your own maintenance behaviour and the maintenance behaviour of others
• Reasons for your lack of contribution