choose a particular client population that has been identified as experiencing a situation that is considered traumatic.
[parents separation, intervention with children and parents]
Review a selection of readings about the trauma of this client population, and then discuss the following:
• briefly outline why you believe it is important to examine the traumatic experiences of this client population
• identify specific factors that contribute to the traumatic nature of the clients’ experiences
• outline any issues associated with this traumatic situation that need to be considered by practitioners responding to this client population
• summarise the intervention approaches that are suggested in the literature
• conclude with a brief reflection on some points you have learned from doing the essay