- Your best friend has challenged you to an arm wrestle. Since you have never won an arm wrestle before, you now apply your biomechanical understanding to the situation in hopes that you will win. You cannot change the maximum force potential of your biceps within the next few minutes, but you can adjust the length of your muscle and the joint angle of your elbow. Therefore, how would you adjust these two factors in an arm wrestle to ensure maximal curling efficiency of the biceps about the elbow?
- Watch the following video in the file section of this order and briefly explain which of the three tools are easier for lifting the chamber lid? What does make the CLRT (chamber lift removing tool) different than the other tools?
- The concept of a moment arm was presented in this chapter. As an ergonomist you are conducting an assessment of landscapers. You notice that many the of the workers who are shoveling have their hands close together on the shovel handle as they lower topsoil into a garden bed. One worker complains of muscle strain while doing this task. Using the concept of moment arms, analyze this job in the following phases. (1) What class of lever is created by the human-shovel interaction? (2) Compared to the other classes of levers how does lever rank in mechanical efficiency? (3) What components of this lever can be modified to make work easier for the labourer?
- You are approached by a school board director in your region. She is about to purchase 100 shovels for the custodian workers in her schools. She mentions that she saw a commercial of a new ergonomic shovel and provides you with the web link, http://www.snoeasy.com/ (just in case this link didn’t work, search for “sno easy you tube” in your browser). She asks you to check out the shovel and see if it is really better than regular shovels. She is concerned about her aging custodial staff and would like to minimize their physical strain.Therefore, (1) go to the website, (2) analyze the mechanics of the shovel using the concepts outlined in this module, (3) determine if the modified mechanics would have an advantage over a straight handled shovel, (4) explain your conclusion to the school board director.
- You are the lead ergonomist at an auto parts manufacturing plant. The production engineers are complaining about the lack of quality assembly being performed by an employee who is working on the line. His job involves using a metal grinder, weighing 12 pounds, to grind down metal rivets on a chassis frame. The engineers complain that he grinds with little accuracy and sometimes misses the rivets or grinds the area around them, thus damaging the product. They ask you to evaluate the problem and determine if the employee or the job setup is the problem. Using the information from the above neurology / motor behaviour section, define the reason why the employee has a difficult time making accurate grinds with a heavy grinder. State your answer as if you were talking to the production engineers.
This study may be that specialize in the students of a tertiary degree. college students of tertiary level are exceptional from college students of a secondary faculty in analyzing reason. Secondary college students examine due to the fact they're compelled to study by using their trainer. it's far hard to find students who do widespread reading by using themselves. students of tertiary level on the other hand study due to the fact they should. They need to examine to preserve up with lectures and assignments. in the event that they do now not read, they'll be left behind. There are 3 theories related and being use in this observe. the first idea is the conventional view of reading (Dole et al, 1991). in line with this principle, amateur reader’s desires to collect a set of hierarchically ordered sub-skills that consecutively construct toward comprehension capability. Contained in this theory, the scholars have the capability to recognise the texts via making feel of the phrases in the context of the sentence. in step with Nunan (1991), being capable of read the usage of this view is being able to interpret a chain of written symbols to the auditory equivalents as a way for the readers to make feel of the text they may be reading and to reproduce the meaning of the analyzing itself. In other phrases, this technique is referred to as the “backside-up”. Get help along with your essay these days, from our expert essay writers! certified writers within the problem of languages are equipped and waiting to help you together with your studies. Get assist together with your essay View professionally written samples the lowest-up analyzing is executed little by little as stated by Mariam Mohamed Nor and Rahmad Sukor Abd. Samad (2006). The approach begins with the eyes identifying visual records inside the substances and this method starts with the identity of the letter and the sounds follows in the end. next, the identity of the lexical gadgets is performed thru grapheme-phoneme correspondence and being placed within the brief time period reminiscence (STM). this is where the terms, clauses and sentences are being built. This version calls for an correct comprehension, sequential identification of letters, phrases, phrases, clauses, sentences and the pronunciation. the other meaning of this view is that it's also a technique of “outdoor-in” as mentioned via McCarthy (1999). To make it easy, the bottom-up model recommends that studying need to starts from the low-degree processing. the printed texts that being examine through the reader can handiest be interpreted and understood by way of the reader himself. aside from the definition given below, this conventional view of analyzing continually been under assault due to the insufficiency and lacking one or greater of the usual varieties of grammatical inflection mainly the words and structure. the second one principle is the three primary varieties of schemata. The types of schema noted by using Carrell (1984) are the linguistic schemata, formal schemata and content schemata that are associated with the reading comprehension. The linguistic schemata talk to the present know-how that the readers have in vocabulary and grammar. it is the muse for different schemata as it's far vital in supporting the readers to comprehend and decode the text they read. If the readers do now not have this schema, it'll be difficult for them to recognize and to decode texts they examine. The extra linguistic schema the readers have, the simpler for them to recognize and decode what they're analyzing.>GET ANSWER