Develop a proposal to address the problem of prisoner reentry in our local community of Orangeburg. The proposal should be written in narrative format, following the American Psychological Association style of documentation for all components: the cover page, the abstract, headings, body of the proposal (with in text citation), and references. Responses to 1-6 should be based on research and well- documented from sources in the scholarly literature. Responses to items #7 and #8 will require more creativity on your part.
1. Introduction: (Provide background information on parole and other forms of prison early release programs in the United States)
2. Statement of the Problem: What is prisoner reentry? What are the national trends in prisoner reentry? What are the challenges it presents for the criminal justice system and communities to which the formerly incarcerated return?
3.Profile of Inmates: What is the profile of formerly incarcerated persons who have returned and are likely to return to Orangeburg county?
A) What are are the most recent figures available for the number of offenders in Orangeburg county who are currently under community supervision with the South Carolina Department of Probation, Parole, and Pardon Services as part of an early release program?
B) What are the most recent figures on the number of offenders who are currrently under the supervision of the South Carolina Department of Corrections from Orangeburg county? What do we know about these offenders? For example the average kength of tehir sentence, age, gender, ethnicity, social status, educational level, risk level, etc.
C) What is the best estimate for the number of offenders who are expected to return to Orangeburg county under community supervision with the South Carolina Department of Probation, Parole, and Pardon Services as part of an early release program in the next 5 years?
D) What is the best estimate of the number of offenders who are expected to return to Orangeburg county after completing their sentence in the next 5 years?
4. Current Community Corrections Services and Program in the Nation and World: What are services and programs are currently available in Orangeburg county for offenders returning to the community as part of an early release program? For any exp- formerly incercerated person?
5. Current Community Corrections Services and Programs in the Nation and World: What current services and programs are available in other parts of the United States or other country that could be adapted to Orangeburg county for formerly incarcerated persons returning tot he community as part of an early release program? For any formerly incarcerated person? (Explain the mission of the service or program, how it is staffed, how its is funded, how it measure of effectiveness, and whether not it has been deemed effective and by whom.
6. Proposed (New) Community Corrections Service and Programs in Orangeburg County: What new services and programs could or should be developed for offenders returning to teh community as part of an early release program? For an ex-offender? (Explain the mission of the proposed service program, how it will be staffed and funded, and measure of effectiveness)
7. Selling Strategies: Outline and explain the strategytaht will be used to “sell” these programs taht represent a move from retributive toward restorative justice to the following stakeholders.
C) Criminal Justice Professionals (law enforcement, courts, and corrections both treatment and custodial)