Writing Assignment – HRMG 5000
The written assignment for this course is practical in content, meant to sharpen analytic and thinking processes. The assignment requires individual research and thoughtful reflection to provide maximum value. It will allow you to:
• experience data gathering, critical analysis, and application in a real environment
• present findings in a written document that is professional in content and format
• present the topic and critically provide analysis that tests a hypothesis, or presents all sides of an argument, or topic. You must do more than simply define the subject.
• gain reinforcement of the material you are reading and discussing in class.
The guidelines for the written assignment are below.
Writing Assignment: The Process
This basis of this term paper is to describe your topic as it relates to Human Resources. Your professional opinion paper will present an argument for or against a current HR practice or theory presenting both sides of the position. Your writing should be logical and you will want to support your argument with thorough research and analysis. Some topic examples are: “Non-monetary rewards enhance productivity;” “Wrongful Termination suits are rarely successful;” or “Pay for Performance does not improve performance.”
• Your paper should present your ideas professionally, with clear syntax, correct grammar and spelling. Your paper should be typed in 12-point type using the American Psychological Association (APA) style guide. MLA style is acceptable with permission. The page length depends on the spacing format you use. The body of your paper should be a minimum of four pages, single-spaced or eight pages, double-spaced. A title page and reference page are required and do NOT count toward the page length requirement. Your paper must contain one-inch margins.
• You must conduct a short literature review of this process by using books, journals, or other scholarly material. You can use your textbook as one source only, but you should include at least nine additional sources. A total number of ten sources are required. Personal interviews are not an acceptable source. Government plan documents are not acceptable as primary sources. They may be used for sample data references. You are encouraged to use the Webster library system and writing center for assistance. You will be informed if turnitin will be used.
Writing Assignment: Case Studies
You must analyze and respond in writing to two case studies. The case studies must demonstrate relevance to the theme of your paper and reinforce technical, academic, or subject/content information. It is preferred the case studies be actual cases litigated in a court of law or heard before an arbitrator, however, they may be workplace case studies, or work events that are explained in research that is peer reviewed and published.
Writing Assignment: Communication skills
Your writing assignment is expected to consider the following areas of relevancy to the subject:
• Globalization—An important outcome of this course will be the realization that organizational communication principles must be modified when applying them to diverse and complex international situations that differ in culture, technology, infrastructure, language, ideology, and sense of time.
• Technology fluency— An important outcome of this course is to emphasize the increasing importance of technology in organizational communication, as well as communication in virtual environments.
• Historical perspective—An important outcome of this course is to integrate the historical development of HR theory to provide a context for current theories and practice.
• Civic responsibility— An important outcome of this course will explore ethical behavior of leadership and the role of organizational communication in society.
• Critical thinking—Your writing should reflect the development of your critical thinking skills. These skills are demonstrated by properly identifying problems to be solved, assessing the validity of a proposition or argument, considering and evaluating alternatives, using the literature to support your arguments, and arriving at a supported.
Following are the standards for evaluating written assignments:
1. adequately provides a balanced view of a topic; states a position and includes counterarguments and counter examples suggested by assignment readings and independent research; and provides correct citation of authors (A, B, or C).
2. states a position or thesis but does not provide topic balance or adequately address the questions presented by the position or thesis (C, D, or F).
3. is dishonest, which includes research that is improperly cited (grade F).
4. is incomprehensible because of grammatical errors and poor writing (C, D, or F).
5. Late Assignments – Term Papers will NOT be accepted late unless you have explicit permission from the professor. Term papers may be submitted early.
What are the suggestions for a firm that does not lead CSR? Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) is regularly mixed up for a 21st century trendy expression when in reality it has been a piece of the business vocabulary for a considerable length of time. While some contend that the idea goes back to the Industrial Revolution, the main substantive work was composed by Peter Drucker in his 1954 book The Practice of Management. In spite of the progression of time, there is still no widespread meaning of CSR. Corporate Social Responsibility, what it is and how it is executed, is diverse relying on the nation a business works inside, the administrative framework they are liable to and even the business inside which they work. These entanglements aside, it is important to settle on balanced meaning of CSR keeping in mind the end goal to basically talk about the idea in this paper. The definition offered by the International Organization for Standardization will be utilized, as it is general in nature and pertinent to most organizations, in any case their nation of activity: "Social obligation is the duty of an association for the effects of its choices and exercises on society and nature, through straightforward and moral conduct that: adds to manageable advancement, including the wellbeing and the welfare of society considers the desires of partners is in consistence with pertinent law and predictable with universal standards of conduct; and Is coordinated all through the association and rehearsed in its connections." (International Organization for Standardization, 2010) They one shortcoming in this definition is the recommendation that CSR is about consistence with relevant law. In Dahlsrud's (2008) examination of 37 CSR definitions, he distinguished five basic measurements. The principal measurement is the earth and its thought in business tasks and the second is the social measurement which covers organizations considering their effect on society. Both of these measurements are fundamental to our working definition. The third measurement distinguished is the monetary measurement which searches for a promise to incorporating CSR into business tasks is additionally present similar to the fourth measurement which identified with how organizations ought to deal with all partner bunches in a socially dependable way (Dahlsrud, 2008). The last measurement, intentionality, is what is absent from the ISO definition. Dahlsrud (2008) characterizes intentionality as organizations settling on choices and undertaking exercises that are above what is lawfully required while the ISO definition (International Organization for Standardization, 2010) states that minor consistence is satisfactory. It is contended that just conforming to the law is better portrayed as great corporate administration and not of itself a demonstration of corporate social duty (Ashley and Crowther, 2012; Bênabou and Tirole, 2010). Integral to the CSR banter about is the thought of how society characterizes the part of business, and the subsequent duties. The exemplary parts and duties relegated to business are to outfit capital and different assets underway, to give work and important occupations, to lead research, advancement and development, to give products and enterprises to deal, to make riches for investors, representatives, clients and society on the loose. (Fitzgerald and Cormack, 2011) These center, development and benefit inspired obligations do address a few measurements of CSR, yet contrasting these with the duties supplied by CSR demonstrates the measure of progress important to move towards a socially capable plan of action. One extraordinary of the CSR face off regarding, regularly alluded to as the neo-established or conventional clash approach (Redman, 2005), contends that the main social obligation of business is to build benefits (Friedman, 1970). The opposite end of the range is the thing that Redman expressions the "genuine devotees" (2005, 78) way to deal with CSR. This is the place a firm has ecological and social duties set up that are not benefit propelled. In any case, genuine corporate unselfishness is uncommon with prove proposing that associations will probably receive an 'illuminated self-intrigue' way to deal with CSR (Porter and Kramer, 2006). This is an approach that binds socially mindful exercises to benefit making exercises (Redman, 2005). Illuminated self-intrigue has been one of the main impetuses behind corporate duty in connection to nature and use of panic assets. Contributions to creation, from crude items to petroleum derivatives, are getting to be alarm and organizations have expected to adjust to these progressions or hazard eradication (Ashley and Crowther, 2012). So while ecological effects are currently of more noteworthy worry to business, it could be contended this is more the survival of the business than a purposely socially dependable undertaking (Ashley and Crowther, 2012). In the meantime, society now holds more prominent desires of the business group (Scherer and Palazzo, 2011). With more elevated amounts of training (generally) and accordingly learning, there is to a lesser extent an inclination to trust the talk of business. Ashley and Crowther contend that clients are not searching for flawlessness of business rehearses, but rather "the do expect trustworthiness and straightforwardness" (2012, pg.3). The ascent and ascent of online networking has likewise made a quick and universal means for individuals to censure organizations for (saw) socially unreliable acts (Fitzgerald and Cormack, 2011). The media likewise can give center and broad scope around organizations who have occupied with questionable practices (Fitzgerald and Cormack, 2011). Organizations who utilize third world (regularly slave) work are being named and disgraced, and compelled to reassess their production network rehearses (Ashley and Crowther, 2012). In spite of these advances, the most recent decade has seen illustrations where self-direction and mindful corporate conduct have bombed stupendously (Lynch-Wood et al, 2009), causing such occasions as the Global Financial Crisis. Scarcely any, parts of society stay unaffected by these occasions. The reaction by approach creators and administrators has been quick and corrective. The net outcome being more prominent consistence and revealing necessities crosswise over most associations and enterprises. Presently there exists little qualification between what might have been viewed as a CSR association and one that practices great corporate administration (Money and Scheper, 2007; Mason and Simmonds, 2014). It is insincere to deny that the CSR development has not positively affected the business group. In any case, the staggering measure of advance in socially mindful activity has been started by the consumption of normal assets and the requirement for organizations to enhance tasks, changes in the public arena and societal desires of business and government authoritative reaction to corporate failings. Being socially mindful is currently simply great business, a basic segment of operational and vital basic leadership (Porter and Kramer, 2006). Whichever way it is has been accomplished, there are results that still exist for association that don't direct CSR. Both the recognition and reality of organization execution can be upgraded by receiving CSR. A few intellectuals contend the result is long haul, others contend that there is no result by any means (McWilliams et al, 2006). Above productivity, there are various dangers associations confront on the off chance that they don't take part in CSR conduct. It ought to be noticed that the accompanying isn't a comprehensive rundown, just the ones with the best potential effect. Reputational harm has dependably been a key result of socially untrustworthy business exercises (Walker and Dyck, 2014). Notoriety can be characterized as the total view of an associations inner and outside partners (Walker and Dyck, 2014) and speaks to an association's single most prominent immaterial resource. When notoriety is lost, or if nothing else affected altogether, it is hard to get back. Changes to the speed with which notoriety harming data can spread is additionally of worry to socially reckless associations as it is considerably more hard to stow away or deny wrong doing (Ashley and Crowther, 2012).Further to this, Walker and Dyck's (2014) examine demonstrated a positive connection between's an association's notoriety and those with corporate social obligation. Representative engagement and drawing in ability seems to run as an inseparable unit with socially capable corporate practices (Bhattacharya et al., 2008). The worldwide economy has been portrayed as a 'learning economy' (Fitzgerald and Cormack, 2011), with the best corporate resources living in the scholarly undertaking of staff. Bhattacharya et al. (2008) additionally contend that CSR is a route for a firm to demonstrate their qualities by and by and along these lines candidly captivating representatives to accomplish the greater part of the association's objectives. Drawn in staff, at all levels of the business, are urgent to finish in a commercial center that is progressively immersed results and administrations. Separating the offering of one business from another (Servaes and Tamayo 2013) is winding up more hard to accomplish, however CSR related exercises give a state of item separation. Earth sounds merchandise, (for example, recyclable plastics) and Fairtrade nourishment stuffs, (for example, espresso) are two cases of well-known items that have been separated by associations acting in an all the more socially capable way. Firms who neglect to advance along these lines will progress toward becoming adherents rather than pioneers, and conceivably affect their benefit (Blowfield and Murray, 2008). More intelligent item and administration improvement needs to begin with administrators and pioneers thinking outside their conventional item and administration offerings (Blowfield and Murray, 2008). The move to an all the more socially capable business basic has opened up new markets and openings inside which an association can extend and succeed (Porter)>GET ANSWER