Please make a personal response to the following below…..
For this discussion post I selected to look up the Senators for California since I was fairly with who they were but did not specifically know how they have voted on particular topics. Since they are both democrats I figured that their ideals would be like mine. I picked five topics for which each voted on and compared their votes. They voted the same across the board except for one area. I am a resident of California so looked up Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) and Senator Kamala Harris (D-CA). I knew a little more about Senator Harris and how she would vote on particular issues since I followed her when she was the Attorney General of California. I did not have much information on Senator Feinstein, so this assignment was interesting, and I got to know her a little better. The votes I selected to compare are the following:
1. National Defense Authorization Act FY 2019 (military spending budget);
2. Nomination of Gina Haspel to Director of CIA;
3. Joint resolution that nullifies the rule submitted by the FCC entitled “Restoring Internet Freedom” (net neutrality);
4. Obamacare Repeal Reconciliation Act of 2017; and
5. Immigration Security and Opportunity Act (residency for undocumented immigrants whom entered under 18 years of age, prohibits those who obtain residency from sponsoring their parents for legal status, and prohibits residency to undocumented immigrants who have been convicted of felonies and violent crimes).
Senators Feinstein and Harris both voted yes for the National Defense Authorization Act which I can agree because it authorizes the spending budget for the military. They both voted nay approving the nomination of Gina Haspel to Director of CIA, which did not come as a surprise to me since it was a republican party nomination. I would have to do more research on the nominee in order to decide if I agree. They both voted yes to approve a joint resolution that would restore internet freedom. I agree with both of them as the internet is a form of free speech. They both voted nay on the act repealing Obamacare. After reading the highlights of the act I would also agree against approving it since it would restrict federal funding to states, and also infringes on women’s reproductive rights regarding abortion. I am not surprised by their vote as they are both pro-choice advocates. I find it interesting that they disagreed on the topic of Immigration Security and Opportunity Act as Senator Feinstein voted yes and Senator Harris voted nay. I would have thought that Senator Harris would have voted yes as she is for immigration reform, but after reading more into the bill I see why she would disagree. I think it may have been with the statutory language of the act. I would also disagree with the portion that prohibits those who obtain residency from sponsoring their parents for legal status. As a child of immigrants, this topic is very important to me. I believe that undocumented immigrants should be given the opportunity to seek citizenship. Most immigrants spend more than half their lifetime in a country they did not originate from. It soon becomes all that they know. If they have positively contributed to the advancement of the country, why shouldn’t they be given an opportunity to gain citizenship.
Additionally, I looked up a local state representative who I was familiar with since he had previously been council member in the city I live in. I was very surprised by the way he had voted on certain topics and did not know he had done so. I was surprised by State Assembly Member Rocky Chavez’ voting track record. There was only one thing he voted on that I agreed with. He voted against legislation that would prohibit the firing of employees for obtaining abortions and voted against legislation that would provide Medicaid benefits to undocumented children. I strongly oppose those two votes and find it unexpected of him. This was great exercise to learn about the people whom you vote for to represent your interests.
• Phase 5: Give a last introduction to the bank president and the board with your general suggestions. This will incorporate how the system is coordinated between the four segments of the showcasing blend. Answer Discussions. You took a shot at my vital arrangement (Avon) and it was astounding. Discussion1: Triggers and Contingencies Before starting this dialog, survey area 7.4 Contingency Planning in your course book. Vital designs are centered around present and future organization objectives, in this way changes in the earth must be recognized and checked. Changes in the condition that encroach on the organization's key arrangement are known as outer triggers and triggers are matched with plans to effectively manage them. These combined activities are known as alternate courses of action. What characteristics make a future issue a "trigger"? For instance, think of you as are on the key arranging group for a soda pop organization. A merger of two noteworthy contenders one year from now would constitute a future trigger. For this dialog, consider the Environmental Scan and SWOT examination you led in Week 2. Figure a trigger/possibility match as a three-section sentence like the case in the reading material. Inspect it regarding the three rules that great alternate courses of action ought to take after. Post a rundown of your chose organization and dangers that you see in view of your earlier Environmental Scan and SWOT investigation. Express the three-sentence trigger/possibility combine and legitimize your decision of alternate course of action utilizing data from the week's readings or potentially other insightful or trustworthy assets, utilizing the academic, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources archive direction. Discussion2: Porter's Five Force Kindly audit Chapter 4's segment concerning Porter's 5 Forces, perused the Forbes article Porter or Mintzberg: Whose View of Strategy Is the Most Relevant Today? (Connections to an outside site.)Links to an outer site. (Moore, 2011) and see the required You Tube video Five Competitive Forces That Shape Strategy (Links to an outer site.)Links to an outside site., in regards to Porter's five powers. In the video, Mr. Watchman talks about how Porter's Five Forces Analysis is a vital device for surveying the potential for gainfulness in an industry. For instance, Mr. Doorman connected these five powers to the carrier business. Think about another industry where productivity is low. In an underlying post, apply the five powers to your picked industry and exhibit how those powers can bring down gainfulness. Discussion3: Stragetic versus Operational Planning Before entering this dialog, survey Chapters 8 and 9 in the Abraham's reading material a few required online assets regarding the matter during the current week. Key arranging and operational arranging are both vital in the general arranging process, yet are unmistakably unique. Concisely characterize each and abridge the key contrasts between them. Who are the ordinary members in each procedure? How does an association advantage from operational arranging? Give a case of an organization which has been effective in executing Strategic and Operational arranging and an organization that has bombed in actualizing both. Discussion4 - Interactive: Operating Budget Audit the areas of Chapters 5, 8, and 9 in the Abraham's course book on Assessing the Company and Operational and Budget Planning. Additionally read the online articles Analyze Investments Quickly With Ratios (Links to an outer site.)Links to an outside webpage. (Elmerraji, 2017) and What Is an Annualized Budget? (Connections to an outside site.)Links to an outer site. (Ashe-Edmunds, n.d.). Utilizing the same traded on an open market organization you utilized as a part of the Environmental Scanning (I utilized Apple) task, and this downloadable Operating Budget Template, yp investigate the organization online by getting to the Mergent University Library online database which offers organization financials, depictions, history, property, backups, officers and executives. Likewise, get to the Business Insights: Global University Library online database which offers data on worldwide organizations, and ventures. It incorporates SWOT reports, piece of the overall industry information, monetary reports, contextual analyses, business news, and friends correlation graphs. (View the Mergent tipsheet and Business Insights tipsheet records for proposed strategies for seeking University Library databases by and large and additionally particular guidance for looking through these two databases). You can simply direct research utilizing believable online wellsprings of corporate monetary data, simply make sure that wherever you acquire budgetary data that you refer to your source. For this Assignment, you will take a gander at the money related articulations for the organization you chose and, utilizing the past quarter's budgetary information, decipher the information and propose a financial plan for the following Quarter in view of your present and past examination of organization execution. Finish the spending layout utilizing this Operating Budget Template. • List your present deals, rebates and recompenses, net deals, edges, working expenses, and gaining when charges. • Choose at least two money related proportions (underneath) and incorporate into your examination. • Prepare the following quarter's financial plan in light of your elucidation of past information. Incorporate no less than two of the accompanying sorts of pertinent money related proportions in your examination. Survey the online article Analyze Investments Quickly With Ratios (Links to an outside site.)Links to an outer webpage. (Elmerraji, 2017) and Chapter 5 in the Abraham's reading material to help with this bit of the financial plan: Productivity Ratio • Liquidity Ratio • Solvency Ratio • Valuation Ratio • Leverage Ratio Beginning Post: In your underlying post, give a concise portrayal of your organization and give an outline of your Operating Budget alongside a method of reasoning that backings recommended budgetary changes. Join your Operating Budget Template to your underlying reaction for audit . >GET ANSWER