Pilgrimage routes and shrines have always been deeply entwined with the markets, hostels, and eateries that serve the needs of pilgrims. Today, pilgrimage is a growth industry embedded in the political economies of nations.
- How do pilgrimage busses (the tourist bubble) reveal the relationship between moral economies and global political power? (Feldman and Hammoudi).
- Discuss shopping in either Medina or Bethlehem. How do commerce and pilgrimage intermingle?
- Discuss the colors of money in the Israeli pilgrimage industry (Feldman).
- Can pilgrimage disrupt preconceived ideas, or do people simply see what they are primed to see?
- Do the pilgrim’s intentions matter? (Hammoudi and The Way etc.)
- How might religious fundamentalism (that which endorses a literalist interpretation of sacred texts) serve political ends? (Hammoudi, Feldman)
- Optional Which politically prominent family is most closely associated with the Sufi pilgrimage town of Sehwan Sharif in southern Pakistan? How are they linked to both economies of salvation and political control?
n small before it became small. Moreover, if things only became smaller, and not larger, eventually everything would be miniscule. And if it was the other way around, where everything only became larger, and not smaller, everything would eventually be one thing, because everything would have joined together. If this were the case then we would notice that things only become smaller, shorter, or uglier, and never their opposites, or vice versa. Socrates shows that things do transition from two opposites, by referencing to observable examples. He contrasts this to death, and claims that there has to be a cycle of becoming alive and becoming dead, or else everything would become dead, or vice versa. The analogies that Socrates uses are applicable to every corporeal thing in the universe. Everything is either large or small, tall or short, etcetera. He claims that there is a process of becoming from its opposite (e.g. something becoming larger from being small), and that this process is cyclical. For if everythi>GET ANSWER