) What are the most important general environment factors to be considered for the industry and the company and what is their effect (positive-negative-neutral)? What is your evidence for the importance of these factors?
2) What are the most important of the five industry forces affecting the industry and the company and what is their effect (high-moderate-low)? What is your evidence for the importance of these forces? Is the industry attractive for new entrants AND for incumbents? Why?
3) List two major strategic group competitor(s) and briefly predict the significant future action(s) of each competitor. What is your evidence for their importance?
4) What are the most important of the eight value chain areas for the company? What is your evidence for their importance? Are they superior, inferior or neutral vs. each of the two major competitors and why (be specific but concise)?
5) Discuss the most significant financial factor(s) (be specific, calculating and presenting the most important ratios in the profitability, leverage and/or activity areas compared to competitors and /or the industry) and non-financial (leadership, culture, ethics/social responsibility) factor(s) for the company? What is your evidence for their importance?
6) INTEGRATE the SWOT analysis to discuss how major strengths pursue opportunities and limit threats and how major weaknesses limit opportunities and enhance threats.
7) Using your analysis above, briefly state what you believe to be the company’s major core competencies (if any) and assess their ability to create a sustainable competitive advantage by explaining each of the VRIO criteria for each competency. Be sure to state the results of the VRIO analysis (i.e. competitive disadvantage, competitive parity, temporary competitive advantage or sustainable competitive advantage).
8) In light of your analysis above, what are the company’s current strategy types (i.e. type of business level, corporate level, alliance and international strategy the company is pursuing)? What is your evidence for your assessment? Do they fit with your analysis above? Why or why not?
9) Briefly, based on your above analysis, what are the firm’s main problems and what is your suggested solution(s)? Which 7S implementation factors are most important? Why?
10) Finally, based on your analysis, create two questions for our class discussion.
willing to risk his life in the process. Jane Addams believed in empathetic knowledge; truly understanding one another lends to a connection between people thereby increasing empathetic moral action. Learning to care draws knowledge from interpersonal experience, Addams would asks, âWhy are we here? What is the point of all this?â Her approach to solving an ethical dilemma would include understanding the situation, empathizing with those experiencing the dilemma and acting on what she learned. First, to understand a situation, Addams would conduct research from resources available to her at the time, âthe newspapers, â¦literature tooâ (RCE 219) She implies that as good citizens we should aggressively pursue knowledge beyond just facts, diving into a deeper understanding of all people, especially those oppressed, so we may potentially care for and act on our new understanding, âif we grow contemptuous of our fellows, and consciously limit our intercourse to certain kinds of people whom we have previously decided to respect, we not only tremendously circumscribe our range of life, but limit our scope of ethics.â (RCE 219) Tempting as it may be, Addams warns that we should not just focus on our friends and family but look outside our immediate circle of influence. Next, Addams would take what she learned and identify with it by âputting herself in otherâs shoes because âsanity of judgment comes only from contact with social experience.â ERE: Syrian Immigration Crisis (RCE 218) She also believed imagination was an important way to perceive what others were feeling, âwe learned as common knowledge that much of the insensibility and hardness of the world is due to the lack of imagination, which prevents a realization of the experiences of other people.â Finally, with new knowledge, Addams would determine a plan of action surrounded with empathetic insights. She would respond with sincere interest in othersâ wellbeing âwe can only discover truth by a rational and democratic interest in lifeâ¦thus the identification with the common lot which is the essential idea of Democracy becomes the source and expression of social ethicsâ¦(for) the cure for the ills of Democracy is more Democracy.â To apply this to the Syrian Immigration Crisis, today Jane Addams would research the situation thoroughly through newspapers, books, TV interviews and the Internet. Then Addams would empathize with the homeless refugees, many educated and/or skilled, with no resources, seeking to reestablish their lives in a safe environment. She could empathize by meeting wit>GET ANSWER