Best Companies to Work For
Ideally, everyone would like to work for a great company who treats its employees well, offers the right levels of monetary reward, staff benefits and challenging roles. Each year Fortune Magazine carries out an extensive survey of workers across a wide range of sectors to compile a list of the ‘100 Best Companies to Work For’ (The Times in the UK carries out a similar survey). Many of the ‘top 100’ companies make it onto the list every year. However, the workforce is changing so the type of company who reach the ‘Top 100 Best Companies to Work For’ may also start to change.
The Millennial generation (those born between 1980 and 2000) are now the largest group in employment and companies need to adapt to this changing workforce. Millennials as workers are thought to be less concerned with monetary rewards and more interested in challenge and achieving a work-life balance. To reflect this changing workforce Fortune Magazine carried out a separate survey of Millennials in the workplace and compiled a list of ‘Best Companies for Millennials’.
Quite a few of the companies which appear on the ‘Best Companies to Work For’ also appear on the ‘Best Companies for Millennials’ list, but the lists are not identical. For this assignment, you are going to analyse data from companies on the ‘Best Companies to Work For’ list and companies on the ‘Best for Millennials’ list.
You have data on companies listed on the Fortune ‘Best Companies to Work For’ list and the Fortune ‘Best Companies for Millennials’ list. The data includes;
• The total number of employees at the company
• The revenue of the company (in $billions)
• The Industry Sector (e.g. Information Technology, Retail etc.)
• Number of Job Openings (since February 2017)
• Average Pay (the yearly salary for the most common salaried job type in the company).
• Full time voluntary turnover % (the percentage of full time employees who have left during the last year – from a company point of view, smaller is better).
• Number of Millennials (the number of Millennials working at the company – note this data is only available for companies on the ‘Best for Millennials’ list).
1) Write an introduction to the topic and the data set. Describe a business application for investigating how employees feel about their employers.
Using the Dataset – Best Companies Data
2) Take a sample of 30 rows from companies on the ‘Best Companies’ group and a sample of 30 from the ‘Best for Millennials’ group (giving you a total sample size of 60).
Describe the sample method you have used. Explain one advantage and one potential disadvantage for your chosen sampling method.
Using your sample compare your two samples
3) Calculate the mean, median, standard deviation, IQR, Range, Maximum and Minimum for the following sample data; Revenue, Total Number of Employees, Average Pay, Full Time Voluntary Turnover.
4) Interpret your statistics and discuss; do you have any potential outliers in your data? How do the two groups compare in terms of revenue? Do the Millennials prefer larger or smaller companies? Are there any differences in terms of staff loyalty (is the turnover higher for the group preferred specifically by the Millennials?). Are there any differences in terms of pay?
Using your sample compare your two samples
5) Using the Total Number of Employees column in your sample create two box and whisker plots (one for each group). Interpret your box and whisker plots. Use your summary statistics to help you with the comparisons.
6) Using the Average Pay column in your sample create two histograms (one for each group). Interpret your histograms. Use your summary statistics to help you with the comparisons.
7) Using the Industry column in your sample create two pie charts. Are there any differences or similarities between the two pie charts that help to explain your statistics, histograms and box and whisker plots?
8) Analyse at least one further column of data (you may use a histogram, pie chart or box and whisker plot or a different type of graph such as a bar chart or scatterplot).
9) Summarise your main findings and conclusions.
There are marks available for overall presentation. Make sure your graphs have sensible titles and scales and are large enough to read. Make sure that you have structured your report in a neat and logical way (for example including section headers such as Introduction, Sampling Methodology, Summary Statistics, Analysis and Conclusion).
Include references for all background research used in the Harvard Reference format and include a copy of your sample data in a table in an appendix at the end of the report.
In numerous less created nations, there is a wastefulness which is found in local banks and there is an absence of rivalry among loan specialists in high acquiring costs and there is a constrained budgetary access for some organizations. The section of outside banks may build the supply of credit and enhance proficiency, by expanding the opposition. However numerous managing an account hypotheses have discovered an unbalanced relationship which exhibits decreasing access to credit for a few firms by more noteworthy rivalry (Petersen and Rajan 1995). There is a gigantic measure of cash engaged with discovering data about nearby firms which may restrain outside banks to cream-skimming, where they loan just to that organizations who are more gainful and which unfavorably influence both household banks and firms that depend on them (Gormley 2007). The general progression of keeping money strategy, numerous developing markets have been decreasing boundaries to exchange the monetary administration since the mid 1990s. There have been numerous noteworthy changes in the limitations of passage of outside banks which have been roused for enhancing the level of rivalry and proficiency in the managing an account part. For the most part they have been activated just to diminish the cost of rebuilding and recapitalization which thusly is building an institutional structure in the saving money segment which is more beneficial to future local and outside stuns (Mathieson, Schinasi and International Monetary Fund 2000). Impacts of outside bank passage There are numerous impacts which have given a sharp ascent in the level pf support of outside banks entering a host nation. The host's nation in which the outside banks enter have a reasonable confirmation that by going into developing markets, there will be a general beneficial outcome in the managing an account framework as far as its productivity and solidness of the framework. Enabling outside banks to enter is normally seen as having the most valuable impacts when such passage happens with regards to a more broad progression of exchange and generation of money related administrations. It has been contended that general advancement of exchange budgetary administrations instigates nations to create and trade money related administrations. This thusly enables the local banks to acquire few of its administrations that are useful in nature. This would be particularly valid for outside branches of universal banks since they are managed on a united premise. For instance, the nearby backup of global banks is a substance all alone Caprio and Honohan (2002). Disappointment of that will be thus checked by the parent bank. The new items and administrations gave by the outside banks will give a thought for the household banks to take after the same to be more productive by redesigning the quality and size of its staff. The branches and auxiliaries of significant universal banks have great routine with regards to revelation, bookkeeping and announcing necessities that are firmly lined up with worldwide prescribed procedures. To instill this into the local bank advertise, the general nature of the data about the condition of the saving money framework will be enhanced a high scale. Additionally, when emergency emerge, outside banks help the local occupants to do their capital flight at home, accordingly, adding solidness to the framework. Then again, numerous contend that the passage of outside banks in have nation can intensify the managing an account framework. On the off chance that the residential banks have frail capital and are wasteful in nature, for instance, they may react inverse to increment remote passage by embraced high dangers exercises trying to procure great returns. It has been seen amid the early time of advancement that outside banks have a tendency to pull in or take less unsafe clients i.e. carefully choose the most financially sound local markets and clients, deserting more unsafe clients for the local market to serve. This occurred amid the progression time frame which hold advances with settled loan costs and needed to rival other money related firms that were loaning it on higher rates and offer high store premiums rates. Amid this period, numerous burdened establishments deteriorated; few of them embraced exceptional yields with high hazard exercises (Mathieson, Schinasi and International Monetary Fund 2000). Aside from the effect of outside bank passage upon the security of residential banks, there have been likewise worries about the conduct of remote banks. Amid the emergency time frame, it was noticed that remote banks were engaged with loaning cash to cross fringe budgetary firms than to loan it to household firms who were gravely influenced. Along these lines, the conduct ended up being inverse in this manner disregarding the universal practice that was taken after. At long last, the issue concerning the supervision of remote banks is of incredible concern. The section of remote banks is a methods for bringing in supervision for no less than a part of the managing an account framework, all the while enhancing the nature of staff and practices of household administering. They site the cases of Banks of Credit and Commerce International which has escaped everyone's notice that mind boggling cross-fringe budgetary exchange embraced by global banks might be hard to regulate by either the host or home nation bosses (Mathieson, Schinasi and International Monetary Fund 2000). >GET ANSWER