Write a 2-3 page Word document analysis providing a comprehensive overview of the case, its key issues and underlying premise including answering the questions at the end of the case. Submission should adhere to APA style and formatting requirements.
Questions for Discussion:
1. Who and what factors were responsible for the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill?
2. Evaluate BP’s corporate culture from an ethical standpoint. What role did top management have in shaping that culture?
3. What actions could/should BP management have taken in response to the many early warning signs? Did the “in action” of BP demonstrate the company’s ethics? Explain
4. What responsibility did BP’s partners and oversight agencies like OSHA have in the crisis?
5. How did BP’s corporate strategy affect its ethical decision making?
6. Do companies like BP should have an ethical responsibility to protect the environment? Why or why not?