Cinema 7B Film Analysis Assignment #2
Begin by reading Chapter 10
- Rent and view one of the films from the list below. You should view the film at least twice. Take notes as you go and pause and replay scenes that you don’t understand or that you find particularly interesting.
- Write a paper which answers the questions below.
a. For minimum credit answer all the questions below. Be sure to number your answers.
b. More complete answers will receive higher scores.
- Papers must be type written and double-spaced. No papers will be accepted by e-mail. Length: Four to Seven pages.
- What is the true subject or theme of the film, and what kind of statement, if any, does the film make about the subject? Which elements and which scenes contribute most to addressing the theme of the film?
- How do all of the separate elements of the film relate to and contribute to the theme, central purpose, or total effect?
a. Narrative – The manner in which the story is told. What is the plot structure? Is it chronological or non-linear? Are there flashbacks or other narrative devices and why are they used?
b. Acting – the qualities of the performances. Is the acting realistic or is it mannered? Are the characters dynamic (do they change as the film progresses)? How?
c. Cinematography – The qualities of the photography and lighting. Identify specific scenes and camera shots that you thought were particularly interesting.
d. Editing – The pace and tempo, the use of transitions and the organization of the narrative. Identify any editing technique you thought was particularly interesting
e. Art Direction and Design – Locations, sets, effects, props, costumes and make-up.
- What scenes in the film show the director’s style and how do they show it?
- What were your personal reactions to the film? What are your personal reasons for liking or disliking the film?
Daniel Day Lewis Films: My Left Foot (1989), In the Name of the Father (1993), There Will Be Blood (2007), Lincoln (2012)
Science Fiction: Dark Star (1974), Outland (1981), Strange Days (1995), Dark City (1998), Serenity (2005)
George Clooney Films: From Dusk Till Dawn (1996), Three Kings (1999), Syriana (2005), Michael Clayton (2007), The Descendants (2011)
Francis Copola Films: The Conversation (1974), One from the Heart (1981), Rumble Fish (1983), Bram Stoker’s Dracula (1992)
Feng shui is an old Chinese rationality about how people and their surroundings cooperate and have connections. It incorporates the rule that everything has vitality and is associated with everything else. It is stemmed in the conviction that dependent on laws of nature, standards, hypotheses and methods we can see how to make a situation that enables us to be in amicability and parity. It additionally can control us to improve certain parts of our lives. The fundamental rule of feng shui is chi or vitality. It is a feng shui rule that is utilized through all of life. It interfaces the vitality of everything together. There can be chi or vitality of earth, the air and individuals. We can see the nature of chi communicated through regions of shading, frame, shape, sound and the different cycles in nature. Feng shui standards work to guarantee that the chi is permitted to continue streaming and not stall out or exhausted. In feng shui standards, there are two primary kinds of feng shui that we have to consider. One of these is physical and contains the genuine structures, environment, structures, streets and plan. Alternate includes directional impacts that in spite of the fact that are imperceptible, still have an effect on our lives and how we identify with existence. We have to take both feng shui standards into thought while assessing the chi characteristics of a domain. As indicated by feng shui, if a zone in the earth isn't being helpful for giving great chi, there are fixes or settles that we can use to restore the chi to a characteristic solid state and keep on streaming all through the space. We can settle or address the feng shui of a region by making little or enormous alterations and applying feng shui procedures. These strategies fuse the utilization of various components to make equalization and concordance.>GET ANSWER