This first case relates the experience of replacing Cisco’s “back office” legacy applications with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. Read the case and then answer the following questions.
1) Cisco suffered from inertia when an attempt was made to engage business management in selecting software for their individual areas, and/or agreeing to participate in the ERP implementation project. List and explain reasons why management would hesitate to become engaged in the IT process/project.
2) Discuss the pros and cons of implementing “software off the shelf” or implementing software that has been changed to “mimic the current business processes.” How did Cisco handle this problem?
3) Generate a list of at least five “Best Practices” that Cisco demonstrated in managing their ERP implementation. Describe each, and explain how each best practice contributed to the implementation.
4) Discuss the tradeoffs between doing extensive planning /analysis up-front and relying on “speed and action over analysis.” Cisco chose the latter approach. How did they allow for the “unexpected” in their implementation strategy? Explain.
5) What is the “performance dip?” Do you agree that it is an inevitable outcome? Why or why not?
6) Do some external research on the current Oracle ERP System software and discuss the related products and new capabilities discussed in the Cisco case. Remember to cite your references.
Given Kierkegaard’s perception that the existential reality is subjectivity, that all people sooner or later end up at the least slightly goal and that people need to be barely goal as a way to be subjective, then a paradox presents itself. If a human can't be subjective without being objective then this begs the question about whether or not or now not a human attain a state of pure subjectivity. in the international-historic view, there may be but a single goal truth to any character event in the course of history, however subjectivity suggests a extraordinary, individual fact for each person viewing it. considering the fact that humans can not objectively examine and suppose during the last (with out first undertaking the impossible undertaking of becoming God-like), humans are left to view the occasions themselves from the present, filling within the gaps between objective facts with subjective interpretations. these all assemble to subjective truths; each being the fact, yet none being any more or less valid than the final. via being human, one is limited by way of the ‘global’ they've subjectively constructed; a world made with the subjective truths motivated through their very own thoughts, emotions and studies. however, as in part subjective existences in what can most effective be perceived as a basically subjective world, one ought to ask if people can clearly exist inside the identical ‘world’ as absolutely everyone else and if the solution to that question adjustments the ‘answer’ to life itself. This provides us with the very last paradox; that as a way to reap the ‘solution’ one should be an objective and static entity, but people as a whole are subjective sincerely thru life. have been one to ‘locate’ the so-called ‘solution’ to existence, one’s existence would fundamentally alternate. however, as an instantaneous result of locating that ‘solution’, this newly modified life is largely a brand new existence in and of itself. This new existence is at least barely different from the old life and, as a end result, has a brand new subjective truth to it. This efficiently renders the preceding ‘solution’ nugatory, possibly having in no way existed initially. This in itself proves that the ‘solution’ cannot be discovered within the continuously energetic ‘life’, however most effective in the static ‘dying’ wherein the regular, static global is unaffected through a person. no matter this, the ‘answer’ holds no which means after loss of life and can not be communicated to the residing resulting in the identical loss of ‘reality’. As a result, I’ve found that I’m unable to post my answer to this lifelong challenge, and that to do so i might ought to not be considered ‘alive’. I apologize and would really like to request an extension; preferably to sometime within the overdue 2070’s.>GET ANSWER