Aim To learn concepts of the design process and its application to the design of system components, sub-assemblies and assemblies. In specific, to design machine elements such as shafts, gears, bearings, clutches, belt drives, brakes and springs.
Learning Outcomes The learning outcomes of this coursework are:
• Apply the formal design process to the design of simple engineering systems.
• Design of shaft considering bending, torsion, axial and combined loading.
• Design the power transmission gears and solve design problems related to gear tooth force, generated in shaft supported bearings.
• Select rolling-element bearings from manufacturer’s catalogues for various applications.
• Design of a specific practical application utilizing few of the above machine elements.
Individual specification of a gear train shown in Figure 1 will be given to each student. Based on the given specification, students should perform the following activities:
• Manual design calculation of each machine element using necessary equations and selection of standard parts;
• Students may consider reasonable assumptions besides the given specification wherever necessary;
• Besides the main machine elements, accessories such as spacers, bolts, housing, etc. may be included;
• Make sketches that shows free body diagrams, forces, stresses, etc;
• Make a report (with a word limit of 2000) and upload through NU-CoE Learn online-link that will be provided;
Figure 1 Gear Train
Component Description Weightage (%)
1 Design methodology 20
2 Design calculations and selection of standard parts 30
3 Sketches/ diagrams 20
4 Results of the design calculation 20
5 Report writing, organizing and Harvard- CCE referencing 10
- Plagiarism is a serious offence. In case of any plagiarism detected, penalty will be imposed leading to zero mark. Policy and guidelines for dealing with plagiarism and malpractice in examination can be viewed by clicking: http://coeportal.nu.edu.om/member/contentdetails.aspx?id=490
- Course work and reports should be solved by the individual student.
- Students should access all online teaching materials which are uploaded on the blackboard in order to perform the course work as per the teaching schedule.
- Course work report should be typed using MS Office or hand written and scanned.
- The completed course work report is to be submitted online in NU-CoE Learn on or before the deadline.
- Course work should be submitted on time. College guidelines on late submission of coursework can be viewed by clicking: http://coeportal.nu.edu.om/member/contentdetails.aspx?id=565
- Harvard Referencing (CCE Style) First Edition 2013 should be followed for both in-text and listing references. This downloadable document can be found in our NU-CoE Learn portal at: http://coeportal.nu.edu.om/member/contentdetails.aspx?cid=693
Name and Signature of Module leader
Fasil Gessesew Beyene Date: 27th September 2020
Nearby people group ought to conform to government laws and homegrown guidelines. However long they meet the necessities of these chances, everybody has equivalent open doors for an amazing duration. Individuals who are qualified and put forth a valiant effort for the network lead the network. Society depends on unrestrained choice, except if rules are watched and nobody is harmed. Rules and guidelines are intended to ensure individuals of the general public so as to construct a protected and amicable network. There are two essential kinds of network networks, networks characterized by topographically characterized networks and geologically various factors. Instances of topographically characterized networks are networks or neighborhoods. The assembled houses share a typical space. Nearby economies and provincial organizations are additionally viewed as a component of the neighboring network. Individuals from the network are invested individuals in network wellbeing, and I am keen on this What is a network? Parker characterizes the network as individuals who share a typical space or locale, share a typical relationship, collaborate with one another, and are broadly utilized in the writing (Fritz, 1985). The people group comprises of common commitments and connections connecting people to establishments and relationship organizations. In most geological networks, there is a typical association and a pretty much free network. Schools, law requirement offices, and social government assistance offices are three instances of formal orgaInitially, socialism appeared to be an ideal for Russian residents. The understanding of Lenin's own Marxist evaluate should initially be a communist despot so as to accomplish socialism. Start things out to smother complaints and fights. Through compulsory measures, the new government got power and in 1917 Lenin took power. Themes that can improve the administration's vocation include: public talking, news coverage, relational correspondence, media framework presentation, correspondence hypothesis, correspondence research technique, hierarchical correspondence, conversation and conversation, manner of speaking hypothesis and analysis , Political correspondence, influence, media execution, tuning in, correspondence morals, execution research, execution. The connection among computerization and correspondence has gotten the subject of broad exploration by correspondence specialists. Numerous media communications offices offer specialization in data science, human data hypothesis and cycles or correspondence advancements, which regularly incorporate PCs, packed video, and interchanges through phone calls. Correspondence is wherever in the improvement cycle. Correspondence incorporates broad communications, broadcast communications, data and correspondence innovation (ICT), composed relational correspondence, and all the assets that society uses to make data stream. Its motivation is to urge individuals to give data, teach, convince, engage, propel, and advance conduct changes that add to the improvement of the nation. As indicated by Fraser and Restrepo - Estrada (2001), it states as follows. Correspondence is a necessary aspect of the improvement plan from the start, recognizing issues and needs, and assuming a significant part in point by point measures. Assessment ... Correspondence requires clear objectives, ID of different subjects, cautious data plan, and checking and input. "nizations inside the network that are especially significant for substance misuse. Guardians and understudy associations vary in structure, normal to most networks, and can assume a significant part in forestalling drug misuse. Local gatherings and individuals from the association cooperate to make, characterize, and take care of social issues by connecting with each other. Declining Drug Abuse: Sociological Strategy for Community Social Practice W. David Watts South West Texas State University Techniques for network based sociological practice are examined. With regards to social development of reasonable speculations, the function of sociologists in helping networks comprehend social issues has been dissected. When the network acknowledges young people 'substance misuse issues, the hypothesis of control and partners' affiliation can lead sociologists who wish to work with neighborhood pioneers to battle drug misuse. Network association, reinforce the association among guardians and different gatherings, bring down the network's capacity to bear drug misuse, assemble uphold for peer counteraction>GET ANSWER