Write each topic in about 500 words. No special instruction, no style needed, no source needed.
1. Discuss ways in which ideas about truth and knowledge have changed in relation to the oral and written traditions and the Internet. Include the example of ‘fake’ and ‘real’ news.
2. Consider ways in which the practise of politics has been affected by the oral and written traditions and the Internet.
3. Discuss the role of media and communications in Canada. Focus on particular aspects of the topic.
4. Consider some economic implications of different technologies of communication.
5. Discuss the prospects and risks for national cultures in an era of globalized media. Include Canada as an example.
6. Discuss concepts of bias in the work of Harold Innis and Edward Said.
7. Discuss whether the Internet has made people smarter or more stupid in relation to earlier media technologies.
8. Discuss the concept of the individual in different media eras like the oral and written traditions and the Internet. Include thoughts on privacy.