On May 22, 2010, Laszlo Hanyecz purchased two Papa John’s pizzas for the price of 10,000 bitcoin (BTC). At that time, no retailers were accepting bitcoin for the purchase of goods or services, so this purchase was an historical milestone in the evolution of bitcoin as a mainstream cryptocurrency. In honor of the 11th anniversary of “Bitcoin Pizza Day”, your first assignment will perform basic calculations related to past and current values of bitcoin.
• In 2010, 1 bitcoin was valued at $0.0041 cents.
• In 2021, 1 bitcoin is valued at $57484.40 USD and 47800.54 euros.
• The price of gold in the United States is $1772.15 per ounce.
• The price of silver in the United States is $26.17 per ounce.
• 1 gram = 0.035274 ounces.
• Laszlo Hanyecz ordered a 16″ pizza.
• One bite of pizza is approximately one square inch. You can calculate the cost of a bite of pizza as the cost of the entire pizza divided by the cost of the area of the pizza. . Recall from math class that the area of a pizza is pi * radius * radius.
Write a program to calculate:
• The cost of Laszlo’s pizza in 2010, in USD
• The cost per bite of his pizza in 2010.
• The value of his purchase today in USD, had he invested the BTC instead.
• The area of the pizza, rounded to three decimal places
• The cost per bite in 2010 and 2021.
• The percentage increase of bitcoin from 2010 to 2021.
Ask the user to enter the amount in USD to invest in bitcoin. Calculate:
• The value, in BTC, that the user’s amount would have purchased in 2010
• The value, in BTC, that the user’s amount would purchase today
• The value, in EURO, of the user’s BTC purchase today.
This section shows what the output of your program might look like. Green italics represents values entered by the user.
This program calculates:
– cost of the first pizza purchased with bitcoin, then and now
– cost of one bite of pizza, then and now, and its area
– percentage increase in bitcoin from 2010 to 2021.
– values of bitcoin purchases then and now
What is your name? Mark
Happy Bitcoin Pizza Day, MARK!
Laszlo’s pizza cost 10000 BTC, or $41.00 in 2010.
Today 10000 BTC is worth $571,249,000.00.
The area of the pizza is 201.062 square inches.
The cost of one bite of pizza in 2010 was $0.20
That would be $2,841,159.44 in 2021.
Mark, how many dollars would you like to invest in bitcoin? 20
$20.00 would have purchased 4878.048780 BTC in 2010.
$20.00 will purchase 0.000350 BTC today.
Today 0.000350 BTC is worth 16.74 EURO.