A manager has to make and implement decisions as part of his role. Being a future manager in the contemporary business environment, the students are expected to face critical management-related issues and to make key decisions to resolve those issues in timely manner. Discuss the decision-making process from a manager’s point of view using a real-world management-related example/issue. How can you improve your decision-making skills? Why do managers make wrong decisions? How you could have made a better one? Which step of the decision-making process could you have improved?
Details of an Assessment
Focus of report: Analysis of Management-related issues and their solutions
You are required to investigate current Management-related issues in the workplace. You are to conduct research into a workplace of your choice, identify the most contentious management issues, develop solutions and submit a report detailing your research, conclusions and recommendations.
1. Select an Australian workplace for research. It may be your current workplace, or that of a colleague or relative. It is recommended that the organisation be a small one.
2. Collect a data using any data collection source such as survey questionnaire, interview, observation, documents. You may wish to supplement your findings with observations (websites, reading material) and conversations with employees and employers of the firm.
3. Analyse the information you have gained and summarise your findings related to emerging management-related issues.
4. Identify any management-related issues that have emerged from your investigation.
5. Consider and develop solutions to the issues you have identified using your theoretical and practical knowledge related to management.
6. Write a report using the following headings:
a. Title page – title of report, author, date, who for
b. Executive summary – mini version of report (no more than half a page)
c. Table of contents – pages and sections numbered; should not include executive summary or title page
d. Introduction – scope of research, research methods, analysis undertaken
e. Body of report (your headings) – research findings, issues, literature review, solutions using theoretical knowledge
f. Conclusions and recommendations – summary of analysis and solutions to issues identified
g. Appendices – copy of questionnaire, notes, any other items considered relevant
7. Read the marking guide (below) and be mindful of its contents when writing your report.