- Both Marshack and Franklin are concerned about the correlation between what is true and what is useful. What is the difference? Or is there one?
- Does the distinction between time-biased media and space-biased media help us understand how societies organize knowledge and societies? How do certain “biases” of technologies affect the way in which we think about and organize society today?
- What connections does Havelock make among alphabetic literacy, rational thought, and democracy? Do you agree with him?
- What is the relationship between Innis’s space-biased technologies and Franklin’s prescriptive technologies? How does Franklin connect prescriptive technologies with a culture of compliance?
- Explain technological determinism and its relationship to reification (define reification). Was Innis, or any other writer discussed in this unit, a determinist? Do you detect determinist thinking about technologies in news and discussions today?
Tolerance of uncertainty is the fifth cultural theory of Geert Hofstede’s dimension, which measures the policy with unidentified conditions, sudden happenings and the pressure of alteration. TCC Centers always alert for any kind of unexpected situations. Therefore, to avoid their sudden uncertainty they always conduct research with the current market situation which made its uncertainty tolerance index high. Individualism Vs Collectivism: The last and final stage of Geert Hofstede’s dimension cultural theory is individualism vs collectivism, which have no governmental implication and mentions to the group rather than the individual. For proving the top customer, service is their main purpose of the organization; they develop their selves to work as teammate because the result of teamwork always comes efficient and effective (Brandon & Seldman, 2004). Collectivism within the workforce of TCC is very high which allows them to group together and perform altogether as a group. Organizational Politics: In an organization, politics are informal and unofficial which improve the power of the organization and let that organization to attain the objectives and goals. Political power influence the decision making process of an organization (Grumana and Saks, 2011). Organizational politics has both positive and negative influence towards the productivity of TCC. Influence of Politics: • Politics control access to material in an organization. In TCC, the politics within the groups of people who are culturally embedded, try to influence the operational actions in accessing the organizational materials. • It grows the unsuitability of supports in TCC as the politics among the employees let the others to maintain a distance which distorts the supportive culture in the organization.>GET ANSWER