Evaluate, Select, and Report on Geriatric Assessment Tools
Assignment Instruction and Rubric
A. Evaluate, Select, and Write a Report and Create-A-Tool report reflecting activities 1 through 4 below and submit by the assigned due date. June 26
- Problem (Symptom) to be assessed e.g. Depression, falls, or pain in older adults
• Background of problem – brief (what, who, why, where, how) of depression.
- Assessment tool recommended for the problem to be assessed in an older person
• Identify tool recommended in the EB article e.g. “Aged Persons Depression Scale”
• Is there another tool/s that can be used to assess this problem – Identify e.g. “Modified Depression Scale for Institutionalized Adults”
- Select the tool best suited for problem need and population – best of the two identified in #2.
• Background of selected tool from #2 e.g. My selection of best tool for depression assessment in older persons is the “Modified Depression Scale for Institutionalized Adults (MDSIA)”
• Define/describe selected tool
Barthes (1964) defines the Syntagm as an elongated mixture of signs. Within semantic analyses, this would be something like a sentence, where each is intertwined to the other terms within the phrase. The Syntagm is likened to the system, which means other words within the mind, as in the case of the relations between “learning” and “internship” (Barthes, 1964, p. 58). Barthes goes further upon these minds by connecting them Semiologically to different systems, e.g. food. In food system, the systematic level becomes the various bags within a particular level (i.e. types of desserts), whereas the syntagmatic level becomes the menu choices selected for a full meal. Denotation and Connotation The words denotation and connotation were used by Barthes for investigating the correlation between systems. Semiological system can be thought of as consisting of an expression, a plane of content and a relation between the two. A connotation then unravels how one system can act as a signifier of this first relation, most especially how it represents the expression within the first system (Barthes, 1964). These elements were importantly useful for unravelling relations among systems of symbols, instead of just relations between elements. SEMIOLOGY AND ADVERTISEMENT The major common concepts in a highly distinctive market always comprise of marketing, advertising and communication. Especially, advertisements mainly bring the language, photo graphics, colours and other symbols for its own usage to make a product known and its grandeur on the customers and outside. In the current world, advertising is a large scale business and is a cogent part of the national economy in several sovereign countries. By definition, advertising refers to a form of communication, whose author or sponso>GET ANSWER