Develop an optimal heat exchanger network for it.
(Reaction pathway A with production capacity 320,000 ton/yr)
- Simulate the process using the process simulator (i,e. Aspen Plus, Aspen HYSYS, etc.)
- Solve and present the material and energy balances for the process
- Write about process description and present the simulated flowsheet with hot and cold streams
- Using the material and energy balance solution, extract information necessary to define the HEN synthesis problem. Pay attention to possible phase changes in the streams.
- Compute and discuss the pinch temperatures and MER targets for ΔTmin =10 °C, 20 °C, 30°C.
- Discuss the percentage of savings
- Present and discuss the GCC
- Carry out a HEN design to meet the thermal targets.
- Refine your solution to eliminate heat loops and minimize the annualized cost of the HEN.
For the annualized cost, include an estimate for:
(a) The cost of all heat exchanges (both interior and utility exchangers).
Estimate bare module cost, assuming operation of 330 days/year, and use a return on investment of 20%. Note that furnace costs are higher than heat exchanger costs.
(b) The annual cost of utilities. Identify costs for refrigerant if needed), cooling water, steam (at one pressure), and natural gas used as fuel.
- Repeat the above steps using simulator energy optimizer ( i,e, Aspen energy analyzer)
Submit the simulation file and a technical report which:
• Addresses the above-mentioned tasks
• Describes your HEN and the steps involved in developing it
• Provides a process flow diagram showing all of the heat exchanges
• Provides a list of the heat exchangers with their duties
• Summarizes the utility requirements (for fuel, steam, cooling water, and refrigeration)
This section provide an important data related to porosity and permeability in order to get a better understanding in reservoir and flow of different types of fluids using DHP (Digital Helium Porosimeter) and DGP (Digital Gas Porosimeter) devices also VINCI is one of the instruments that used for steady- state processes. SCAL sectio Special core analysis section are specialist in understanding petrophysical properties goes beyond special techniques with advance tests to help the client more in estimating their fields. It is important to note however, that SCAl provide several services in MICP (mercury injection and capillary pressure), FRF (formation resistivity factor), and permeability of fluids especially water, CT scan, and flush cleaning using different solvents. However, the department provides unique tests related to the above processes in order to ensure the delivery of good quality services and focus on saving costs to the customer. Therefore, SCAL section is responsible for different fluid analysis at several stages in order to fulfil all the operational requirements and to achieve important results that optimize production and development of the fields. Other sections Weatherford laboratories also provide some other services behind the services provided by CCA and SCAL. These services include the basic experiments and requirement to observe several parameters such as temperature, pressure, and type of gas. Summary of the internship I have implemented the internship in Weatherford Company, Is one of the international oilfield services company. The company has several sections and the section where I had training is the Weatherford laboratory and is considered one of the main sections in Weatherford. The Weatherford labs are located in Ghala Industrial Estate in Oman. The company offers internship opportunities to students in different departments for example wireline, product line which include laboratories, and finances related to their major and skills. During the 6 weeks of the internship program, several tasks were assigned to me according to my major and practical skills in all the 3 units of laboratory department. I spend one week and several days in each unit with multi tasks given whereby some are related to my studies and others are for the purpose of gaining new experience in other fields that are semi-related. Besides that, I was trained not only in improving my soft skills, but, also dealing with several safety situations in the workplace and management technique when dealing with During my training a couple of approaches were assigned to me such as calculating the porosity and permeability using different instruments for example DHP (Digital Helium Porosimeter) and DGP (Digital Gas Porosimeter) also VINCI which is used for unsteady-state processes, how inject mercury to samples and calculating the bulk volume of the sample using Archimedes law, CT scan which include several software�s for making videos of core sample to analyze the fractures and how it will affect the value of porosity and permeability, Formation Resistivity Factor ( capillary pressure) (appendix 2), permeability of fluids, flush cleaning using different solvents, and finally the dean stark which is about extraction of oil and water.>GET ANSWER