Consider yourself as Global Manager for a Medical Company (Daway) that is leading chain of retail pharmacy in Saudi Arabia, Jordan and United Kingdom. This company uses digital solutions for their business, but it focuses heavily on its retails sales. However, due to the recent Covid-19 pandemic, the way how they do business has been remarkably impacted. Not just with sales, the impact of this pandemic effected the way this company works, communicates and operates.
Therefore, as the global manager of Daway medical company you are required to develop a detailed strategy on the following:
• Introduction about the topic.
• Explain what are the limited options that Daway currently has regarding to deal with the pandemic.
• What does the level of technology urgency Daway need to sustain its performance?
• As a global manager, leading from home involves leveraging the digital capabilities. What are these capabilities? List and explain at least 3.
• Explain what type of virtual management characteristics will be implemented and why?
• How do the virtual teams work together?
• What tools do they use for communication and task management?
• How will you manage the delivery the new changes within a short time in different locations in terms of language, cultural, time, political, and economical differences?
• What are the techniques that you will use to create a strong team with a high level of teamwork?
• What are the advantages and disadvantages of managing a virtual team?
• What type of conflicts might occur between members? When it happened how will you solve it?
• As a manager, how will you manage the outsourced projects?
• What techniques that you will apply to encourage and motivate your team to improve?
Apart from the cost of capital and assets and liability composition, the size of the banking business is to be considered as a important determinant of the performance of the banks. The size of the banking business denotes the economies of scale .The bank with wide spread retail net work with branches in every nook and corner of the country denotes the large scale economy. But in such kind of the size of the bank the cost of maintaining many branches will be too high and this would definitely reduces the profitability of the banks. The banks in important cities perform better than the bank with too many branches. Income statement: The financial position is being revealed in the Balance Sheet. The method of operation can be clearly visualized in the income statement. The operating ratios would indicate the efficiency of management and the banks success for a particular period of time. By analyzing the income statement, one can assess the banks efficiency in controlling the costs and generating the income. Determinants based on income statements Control of costs The profitability of banking business can be increased by controlling the unnecessary costs. The closure of unprofitable branches or retail outlets would surely help in the reduction of costs. Timely collection of loan amount avoids the bad debts. Also the non-performance of certain assets would create maintenance costs upon which no revenue has been earned. Higher wages and salary will definitely increase the profits of the banks (Tunisia, Malaysia) Like the reduction of cost increases the profit, the increase of certain costs would definitely increase the profitability of the banking company. Payment of higher wages and salary to the employees would boost the moral of the employees and would be a great motivating factor for them. Their performance may be in high quality in the sense they can give better service to the customer with smile on their faces and the work may be finished in less than the standard time allotted. Lower payment of interest on deposits and higher revenue from loans – this wide disparity may lead to higher profitability of the banks. There exists wide disparity of interest earned and interest paid. The difference between the two is the profit for the banks. For deposits less interest is paid whereas the interest that is paid for loans and advances is too hi>GET ANSWER