Complete each of the following tasks:
1. Write a short paragraph of 200-300 words that responds to the feedback you received on your short essay (especially the summary audio remarks) and identifies areas in which you aim to improve when writing the Comparative Essay. You may also like to respond to, even contest the feedback you received.
2. Select a question for the Comparative Essay (see the question and guideline sheet) and write a pilot* introduction of 200-300 words to your essay. The introduction should:
i) Address the question in way that gets to the heart of what is being asked.
ii) State the argument that you will make in relation to the question.
iii) Signal those aspects of the literary works on which you will focus.
3. In dot-point form, set out a pilot scaffold** (i.e. plan) of your essay. This should include those aspects of the literary works that you will focus on and the key points you intend to make. The following lay-out is just a suggestion:
– Introduction: [1-2 sentences on introduction]
– Section 1: [1-2 sentences on first section]
– Section 2: [1-2 sentences on second section]
– Section 3: [1-2 sentences on third section]
– Conclusion: [1-2 sentences on conclusion]
* A pilot is ‘an experimental undertaking designed to assess the viability of a full-scale project or activity’ (OED). In other words, this is a prototype introduction which is there to help you think ahead to the shape and purpose of essay as a whole, and to test out the argument you will make. You do not need to use the pilot introduction (or even anything resembling it) in the final essay.
** A scaffold is the underlying structure of your essay (you could also call it the ‘skeleton’ or the ‘bare bones’). It sets out the discursive sequence that your argument will take. This then acts as a guide or map when you come to flesh the essay out in full. As with the pilot introduction, this is a prototype and you are not expected to stick to it for your essay.
Literature and Decolonisation (102572)
Third Assessment: Comparative Essay DUE DATE: 11.59pm, 18/06/2017
In no more than 2100 and no less than 1900 words, answer one of the following questions:
1. ‘He [the “native intellectual”] turns himself into an awakener of the people; hence comes a fighting literature, a revolutionary literature, and a national literature.’ (Frantz Fanon)
A common aspiration for colonised writers was to enact decolonisation (or, at least, contribute to achieving it) through their creative work. Compare the way in which two writers that we have studied strive to enact decolonisation through their writing.
2. ‘In order to restore India to a pristine condition, we have to return to it. In our own civilisation, there will naturally be progress, retrogression, reforms and reactions; but one effort is required and that is to drive out Western civilisation.’ (Mohandas Gandhi)
The desire to restore the colonised society to its pre-colonial state was widespread during decolonisation. Compare the way in which two writers that we have studied contend with the desire to restore the pre-colonial condition in their literary works.
3. ‘The domination of a people’s language by the languages of the colonising nations was crucial to the domination of the mental universe of the colonised’ (Ngugi Wa Thiongo)
Compare the ways in which two writers that we have studied engage with the relationship between colonial domination and language in their literary works.
– Your essay must compare two literary works from the unit. One of these must be Aimé Césaire’s Notebook of a Return to My Native Land.
– It is recommended that your answer take into consideration the use of literary genre.
– Your essay must include a discussion of at least one extended passage of at least 60 words from each of your chosen texts. If your passages are long, you may include them as an appendix to your essay. That is, a transcription of the passage under the heading ‘Appendix’, with each passage clearly labelled and referenced. This means you will not need to cite the passage in its entirety within the essay itself. Please make clear reference to the appendix, though. The passages in the appendix will not count towards the total word count. Also please type the passages out, do not paste pictures of the text.
– Your essay must contain some reference to scholarly literature that helps to situate the works in their historical moment and literary milieu. References should follow the Chicago
system (or any other another system so long as it is used consistently). (Please see the unit learning guide for details. There will be no allowances for plagiarism.)
– The essay must be presented in the form of an argument. In comparing the two works and you will need to present an argument about the significance of their similarities and differences, commenting on the way this gives us important insights into the relationship between literature and decolonisation.
– If you would like to write your own question or focus on a work which is not included in the set texts, you must seek approval from the Unit Coordinator – [email protected]
These exercises give a doubt that all is well and great to agents and comfort them and affiliation will empower them to address challenges. In this way, they recognize more with the movement and do everything the all the more profitably (Cuplan, 2002). Various senior women chiefs have whimpered of the organization's failure to see their capacity and nonappearance of assistance and progress openings inside the affiliation. Women shape only a little piece of folks in senior positions (Wellington et al., 2003). Such perceptions consistently incite leaving the place of business, which is a significant marker of decreased occupation satisfaction at negative perspective of affiliation value (Jawahar et al., 2008). The two POS and JS are believed to have basic relationship with affiliation obligation, which shows the closeness of a connection between's these components. Various leveled unmistakable verification evidently has a strong useful result on result factors like occupation satisfaction (Abrams et al., 2001). Definitive help however exhibits how well affiliation manages the OID for their laborers. POS speculation prescribes that if affiliation takes awesome care of delegates, they will develop a more grounded association with the affiliation (Rhoades et al., 2001), thusly being more satisfied and presented (Rhoades et al., 2002). In perspective of the above trade, hypothesis H1 is proposed: H1. Seen Organizational Support (POS) influences Job Satisfaction (JS) The association between Job Trust and Job Satisfaction: Theoretically it seems, by all accounts, to be certain that action trust in prompts work satisfaction in delegates. Evaluating the action trust deduces inspecting into how the individual viewpoints the affiliation and moreover the bond he has with the affiliation (Perry et al., 2007). Various experts have reported a positive association between work satisfaction and business trust. According to an examination went for think the forerunners and aftereffects of trust (Derks et.al 2002) found occupation satisfaction and work obligation as the genuine results. The level of trust existing in an affiliation chooses to an enormous degree an affiliation's lifestyle and work components, by affecting elements like legitimate structure, work satisfaction and obligation (Zaffane et. al, 2003). Thusly, by building a high place stock in relationship with the subordinates, heads would increment be able to definitive ampleness through upgraded levels of work satisfaction. In any case, once this trust is broken, it prompts an unending cycle of question and consequently a legitimate circumstance, where specialists are beset, untrustworthy and unsatisfied (Zaffane et. al, 2003). Likewise, since work satisfaction and business obligation are unequivocally related to trust, work duty being the harbinger of occupation satisfaction (Mowday et.al 1974), such a situation is to a great degree irritating for affiliations. The movement trust is generally observed as the trust between the specialists and their directors or the supervisors. It has been also shown that if the agents demonstrate trust in their managers then the supervisors have more essential impact on them (Goris et al. 2003). The reason being the managers are responsible for various commitments which shape the calling of their subordinates like execution appraisals, heading similar to work obligations and getting ready. In this manner if the trust in light of such parameters in a boss grows at that point subsequently work satisfaction also assembles (Dirks et al. 2001). Also, this extended level of trust engages support, diminishment in conflicts and appropriately upgraded occupation satisfaction. From this time forward the Hypothesis H2: There exists a positive association between Job Trust and Job Satisfaction The association among POS and Job Trust Various examinations have been driven on evaluating the levels of work trust (Dietz and Den Hartog, 2006) and POS in affiliations. Trust between two substances is communicated as the planning of one (Trustor) to be defenseless against the exercises of the other (Trustee). This accessibility of the trustor is basically his want that the one he trusts will act to help him autonomous of honing control and supervision (Mayer et al., 1995). Work Trust is considered of high essentialness in the present relationship since it has been observationally settled that when trust levels are high, affiliation obligation is high (Brockner et al., 1997). As indicated by the importance of trust used above nonappearance of trust suggests a higher need of checking (Handy, 1995) and extended trust levels proposes cut down prerequisite for supervision (Bradach and Eccles, 1989; Ouchi, 1979). POS as described above is acknowledged to impact Job Trust however there isn't adequate observational affirmation open. There is adequate research available on the antecedents of POS and its outcomes however none talks about the Job Trust with specific indicate. POS is has its speculative roots in the social exchange relationship (Allen and Brady, 1997), in which the laborer is obliged to react to the affiliation like he feels about it (Eisenberger et al., 2001). If delegates assume that their affiliation or so far as that is concerned brisk unrivaled is really charmed by their success by then trust will make (Doney et al., 1998). Looks at demonstrate that extended perspective of definitive help realizes extended undertakings commonly put in by the specialists to achieve the affiliation's objectives (Eisenberger et al., 1986). Research drove by Cook and Wall(1980) saw that there is a positive association among's trust and relationship with the work affiliation. Correspondingly contemplates reveal a positive association between POS, loaded with feeling association and wants of execution related prizes (Eisenberger et al., 1990). As demonstrated by an examination coordinated by Florence et al., (2006), the association between procedural value and trust is most of the way interceded by POS. Moreover trust has been found to mediate the association between procedural value and various leveled citizenship lead (Konovsky and Pugh, 1994), POS is furthermore a center individual of the association between the more than two (Moorman et al., 1998). Along these lines we can expect a possible linkage among trust and POS. From this time forward the Hypothesis H3: There exists a positive association among POS and Job Trust Business region's coordinating part on the model In this investigation we have thought about the coordinating effect of the dichotomous go between: the business part of the respondent i.e. open and private part. The importance of work division in the Indian setting insinuates the organization guaranteed and worked affiliations which go under open fragment and selective components which are named the private portion affiliations. Agent business satisfaction has been pondered generally on various occasions however an examination expecting to bring out complexities in the levels of watched POS, Trust and Job Satisfaction and the associations between them in Public and Private zone have not been considered all around. Since the work culture of these two divisions are through and through various just like the action factors. The working environment in the private portion is more engaged, open and result-arranged while out in the open part it's direct, less open to new contemplations and generally dove by stagnation as time goes on. Along these lines, we intend to separate the elements of POS, trust and occupation satisfaction in these two fragments and endeavor to find the refinements in perception due to the way the structure works. >GET ANSWER