1. Choose one of the following drugs as your focus: marijuana, opiates (all versions), cocaine, amphetamines.
2. Choose whether your policy recommendation will be for the federal government (recommended) or at the state level, and if at the state level, for which specific state.
3. Recommend a policy for how your chosen drug should be handled today. See instructions below on what to include.
4. Answer the questions below to demonstrate how your knowledge of history informs your policy recommendation.
5. Demonstrate engagement with a wide range of assigned course material from each unit in the class in support of your policy recommendation.
6. Write up policy and answers to questions in effective prose, using citations as necessary, and including a bibliography.
1. What is the history of the use of this drug since approximately 1900? (Legal, illegal, medicinal, as appropriate)
2. What is the history of attempts to control this drug since approximately 1900, if any? Successful? Why or why not?
3. What are the most important points of similarity and most important points of difference between this drug and the others from which you could have chosen? Describe them, and why they are significant. Choose 1 or 2 (no more) points of similarity and difference?
4. What aspects of your policy recommendation have been attempted before for your drug, and how successful have they been? Explain why you think they will be successful now (whether or not successful in the past).
5. What aspects of your policy recommendation are new, as relates to this drug (they may have been used for other drugs), and why do you think they will be successful now? Use history as one way of demonstrating the likeliness of success.
6. What will be the benefits to society of your policy recommendation, and why do you think so? Be sure to recommend at least two benefits.
1. Bolster work/life adjust in the working environment - According to the article, Gen Y trusts that their own life is similarly as essential as their expert life. It is prescribed for organizations to consider choices, for example, wellness offices/rebate enrollment, instruction/preparing openings, adaptable working game plans, family leave approaches, and childcare/eldercare programs. 2. Furnish Gen Y specialists with chances to develop in their activity - Managers can give Gen Y testing function as their aptitude and information advances. 3. Utilize accomplishment as an approach to compensate/propel Gen Y specialists - Generation Yers are extremely intrigued by being perceived in their workplace. Recommendations include: worker of the month honor and blessing endorsements among others. 4. Administrators should obviously explain wellbeing and fun at work to representatives. Having a fabulous time and happy with workplace can incredibly persuade Gen Y companion, as per the creator. 5. Age Y specialists appreciate challenges. That is the reason the creators propose expanding obligation as a reward. This is viewed as a decent inspiration for this consistently evolving age. 6. At last, it is recommended for administrators to make a reasonable pay/pay bundle. (Baldonado and Spangenburg, 2009, para. 14). As per the writers of the article Don't be so Touchy! The Secret to Giving Back to Millenials, consistent input is a relatively basic fixing in execution and employment fulfillment (Ferry and Sujanski, 2009). The offspring of Baby Boomers, the Millennial Generation, have been brought up in a climate of exclusive requirements, a lot of criticism and loads of acclaim. They have gotten input on class assignments at each phase of advancement and are accustomed to getting support all through the culmination of errands and ventures. Numerous spectators view them as ruined and doubtful in their activity desires. They grumble that Millennials appear late, leave early, reject extra time, and hope to be advanced without paying their contribution (Ferry and Sujanski, 2009, p. 5). It has been called attention to that for organizations, the best test with the 92 million individuals in the millennial age will be the way that they have incredible desires. (Tatti K, 2009). The article refers to essayist Ron Alsop in his bookThe Trophy Kids Grow Up: How the Millennial Generation is Shaking up the Workplace. In his book, he calls attention to that one of the blemishes of this age is its overprotective guardians. He additionally expresses that despite the fact that a few supervisors locate this chafing, "a definitive incongruity is that the administrators managing twenty to thirty year olds in the working environment have likely raised a couple of them" (Tatti K, 2009, p. 1). In the article Gen Y excessively Lazy, Unfocused for Jobs, we can locate a similar criticism from chiefs who see Gen Y laborers as "individuals who do not have a hard working attitude and invest excessively energy conversing with companions amid work hours, as indicated by a few administrators" (NA2, n.d., para. 2). Obviously, laborers from this age contend against remarks they confront. In the article, We're Not Lazy, say NT Gen Y Workers, Lauren Crawley talks with a 25 year old media counselor who expresses that chiefs ought not sum up with regards to ages in light of the fact that "there are diligent work and apathetic laborers in all ages" (2010, para. 3). She likewise specifies that Generation Y have turned out to be more arranged in different fields. Despite the fact that a few chiefs have low desires from this developing age, others concur that they can turn into a decent resource for Corporate America. In the article, "Not every person gets a trophy" the writer offers a go-ahead to Generation Y expressing that they are agreeable in our "very interconnected quickly changing web of factors" (Tulgan, 2009, p. 7). The creator proceeds by saying that vulnerability is this current age's regular territory. In his words: "Globalization does not influence Gen Yers to feel little. Or maybe, it influences them to feel common. Mechanical change does not influence them to feel as though they are dashing to keep up. Or maybe, it influences them to feel associated and intense… .. Expert figures and famous people may crumble for all to see. Be that as it may, this doesn't make Gen Yers skeptical. Or maybe, it gives them confidence in regular legends. The data tsunami may immerse every one of us with a bigger number of information in one day than anybody could sort trough in an existence time. In any case, this doesn't influence Gen Yers to feel overpowered or ignorant. Or maybe, it makes them would-be specialists on everything… .." (Tulgan, 2009, para 15). Despite the fact that there is still a long way to go from the Millennial Generation, and despite the fact that such a significant number of directors fear the way they are, a regularly developing arrangement of administrators are thinking about them to be a benefit increasingly consistently. The creator of Why You Need STRONG Millennials In Your Workplace, gives us trust with this developing age when she expresses the accompanying: "Recent college grads are exceptionally assignment centered when taught obviously. Additionally, their grip of innovation can make them profoundly effective. When you ensure they comprehend the mission before them, you can for the most part rely on Millennials to convey. At the point when a business makes the sort of culture in which Millennials prosper - one that is quick paced and vivacious - all workers tend to profit by that condition. Their solid handle of innovation additionally makes Millennials normal coaches for different ages. Let be honest: a few Boomers have taken to innovation just grudgingly. Age Y representatives might have the capacity to raise the level of desires and aptitude in regards to innovation, helping more develop laborers conceivably ace mechanical devices" (Sujanski, 2009, p. 3). HR Polices All through time there have been distinctive strategies joined into the workforce to address the issues of the regularly changing generational contrasts. One of the main strategies was the counter segregation arrangement. Pioneers need to focus on age-related separation in their work environments, as there are numerous practices - particularly in contracting, advancement, employer stability, access to advantages and preparing openings and pay - that can put associations in danger (Anonymous, 2009). People born after WW2 hold the most learning about the organization, as they regularly work for a similar organization for some continuous years. HR chiefs need to dissect their present workforce and plan key approaches to keep Baby Boomers drew in to work for them as long as they can. Pioneers perceive that business interference because of losing solid and viable pioneers or capable specialized experts is an expensive and undesirable course that they would prefer not to take (Anonymous, 2009). In light of their one of a kind qualities and identities, each gathering expects something as a byproduct of their work. People born after WW2 are faithful specialists, and with retirement around the bend bosses need to build up a methods for them to stay connected with and potentially drive retirement back for another couple of years. Annuity designs and government disability benefits have been reproduced and figured to address this worry and additionally guarantee the learning specialist will stay in the workforce for another couple of years (Anonymous, 2009). Field investigates Walgreen's way of life and notices that liberal and adaptable HR arrangements have permitted Walgreens' develop representatives and the teenager set, too to appreciate adaptable work hours, steady administration and apparently boundless upward portability. Those practices have made an inviting and appealing workplace for the two ages, which just develops Walgreens' business well of chance (Field, 2006). Associations need to figure out what spurs Baby Boomers, Generation X, and Generation Y workers and configuration advantage bundles that are speaking to all. A portion of alternate approaches we have all accomplished include: Vacation Pay, Leave of Absences (maternity, instructive, and so forth.), 401K Retirement Saving Plans, and Medical/Dental scope just to give some examples. HR Recommendations Piktialis proposes Generational skill - the capacity to comprehend, acknowledge and meet the particular needs of various ages - can enable an association to augment the estimation of its human capital. In quest for generational skill, associations should comprehend and fabricate consciousness of generational contrasts; oversee representatives in an unexpected way, consider how unique ages cooperate, utilize items and access benefits inside the venture, and configuration activities to give chances to cross-generational joint effort (Piktialis, 2006). At the point when administration can see every age and how to change their authority styles to effectively impart headings, it will just prompt future achievement. Preparing and correspondence is the way to progress. Aker notices, regardless of whether a huge, entire day instructional meeting is ideal, or if a few podcasts or downloaded sessions can be seen independently as a feature of introduction, fitting generational assorted variety preparing into your work routine should be possible. "The perfect solution [for training] is having something in the on boarding process, which could be new-representative introduction, and after that, consistently, there ought to be some other sort of preparing: a refresh, a lunch-and-learn, or an organization meeting," recommends Laura Bernstein, president and CEO at Des Moines, IA-based VisionPoint (Aker, 2009). The sort of workplace would figure out which of these cases would best be suited. The most essential perspective to remember is the significance of executing generational contrasts preparing for all of administration to take an interest in right off the bat in their on boarding process with the organization. Re-preparing is likewise another essential piece. As HR experts, it is critical to catch up with finished preparing and guarantee administration is set up for any progressions ahead. As already said, an extraordinary number of Baby Boomers are required to resign and leave the workforce inside the following decade. How is administration going to react to this change? How are they going>GET ANSWER