Summative assessment 1
• Identify and describe ten strategies you can use to manage your time, performance, and behaviour in the work environment. (120 words)
• If you wish to work as a manager, you will need appropriate skills and qualifications. Make a list of at least six management development activities you can participate in that would be helpful and useful. (100 words)
• List ten things you could do to achieve a good work/ life balance. (120 words)
• Why is it necessary for business organisations to have policies and procedures and why should employees be aware of the organisation’s policies and procedures? If necessary, conduct independent research. (250– words)
• What are learning style preferences? (100 words)
• List five strategies you can use to maximise your time and performance, and provide a brief description of each strategy. (120– words)
Summative assessment 2
• Prepare a 3000-word report that explains how to manage work priorities and professional development.
The report should reflect upon the following:
1. What makes a good role model and how can I ensure that I act as a role model for employees I supervise?
2. What are the traits of an effective leader? How can these traits be developed?
3. How can I ensure that my work goals and plan are aligned to the organisation’s goals and plans?
4. How can I ensure that I meet my job responsibilities?
5. How can I measure and maintain my personal performance?
6. How can I prioritise work?
7. How can I use technology to organise and manage my work?
8. How can I ensure that I maintain a work/ life balance?
9. How can I ensure that my personal knowledge and skills meet required competency standards?
10. How can I determine my developmental needs?
11. What is my personal learning style and how can I ensure that I take advantage of learning opportunities?
12. How can I gather feedback from others about my personal performance and how can I use this feedback to improve my competence?
13. How can I use networks to increase my knowledge, gain new skills and develop relationships?
14. How can I ensure that I acquired new skills to maintain my competitive edge?
15. How can I contribute to the organisation’s competitive edge?
BSBADM504 – PLAN AND IMPLEMENT ADMINISTRATIVE SYSTEMS
Summative assessment 1
• There are a number of key provisions of relevant legislation and regulations from all levels of government that may affect aspects of business operations, such as:
1. Anti-discrimination legislation.
2. Ethical principles.
3. Codes of practice.
4. Privacy laws.
5. Financial legislation.
6. Health and safety legislation.
7. Consumer law.
8. Credit procedures legislation and regulations.
Why is it necessary to have a working knowledge of the legislation involved in business? (Answer in 150 words.)
• What is an industry code of practice and what are the aims of such codes? Answer in (100 words).
• What four steps need to be observed in order to successfully implement a new or modified system? Summarise each step. (100 words)
• How can you design effective procedures? Answer in 150 words.
Summative assessment 2
• Select an administration system that might be implemented by an organisation and complete the activities.
The systems should relate to:
o personnel management (eg a system that calculates and manages employees’ annual leave), or
o financial management (eg a system that tracks and follows-up outstanding payments), or
o data collection (eg a system that can be used to collect customers’ feedback), or
o data analysis (eg a system that can be used to analyse sales trends), or
o information sharing (eg a system that can be used to ensure that any changes to organisational procedures are communicated to all of an organisation’s departments/ staff), or
o recordkeeping (eg a system that stores customers’ information and buying history)
Write an open invitation to tender for the development and supply of that system. Include:
o details of your organisation (eg who you are and what you do)
o a description of the system required
o detailed information about the system requirements
o the timeline for system implementation
o how their quotation should be submitted
o how their quotation should be formatted
o a request for details about post-purchase costs, such as technical support, maintenance and the ongoing costs of operation
o the date by which their quotation should be received
o who to contact if they need more information
Your invitation should be (2) pages long to cover the listed requirements.
Create an action plan, to do list, checklist, flow chart or Gantt chart for the implementation of the administration system.
Your plan should be 1 page in length.
Identify two problems that might be encountered when implementing the system and explain how these problems can be prevented and dealt with (eg contingency plans).
Each problem should be discussed in length, a minimum of 500 words to adequately explain the problem and mitigation. (500×2=1000 words)
• Imagine you work in a café in which toast has always been made under a griller. Due to a number of staff burning themselves and customer complaints about toast being undercooked, a decision has been made that toast will now only be cooked using a toaster. Write a procedure that outlines how to make toast.
Include details about:
o why the change is being made
o what to do
o what not to do
o how to do it
o when it should be done
o who should do it
o what resources are available
o what the expected results are
Worker Involvement in Decision Making Disclaimer: This work has been put together by an understudy. This isn't a case of the work composed by our expert scholarly essayists. You can see tests of our expert work here. Any assessments, discoveries, ends or suggestions communicated in this material are those of the writers and don't really mirror the perspectives of UK Essays. Distributed: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 McCabe and Lewin (refered to in Dundon et al., 2004) named worker voice as a method for communicating grumblings or complaints or disappointment and the cooperation and contribution of representatives in basic leadership procedure of association. Amid the most recent two decades, progressive advances that have been started to encourage the superior working fundamentally centered around expanding the methods for joint counsel, which draws in the two bosses (who request better business results) and representatives (who request acknowledgment and insurance of worker rights) (CIPD, 2009). Worker voice is an essential factor in the accomplishment of an association. Dundon et al. (2004) contends that fruitful voice administrations not just decidedly influence the execution of representatives as far as quality and profitability yet in addition help to invalidate the issues which may detonate something else. Chances of Employee voice are accepted to be related with the representative turnover. As per (Spencer,1986)employees will indicate more enthusiasm for remaining with the association on the off chance that they have more chances to express their disappointment, complaints and to change the unacceptable work conditions. Aggregate haggling and joint counsel have been the principle spotlight of modern relations to the extent worker voice is concerned As indicated by Boxall and Purcell (2003) in the modern relations, the principle center for portrayal of worker voice has been on the aggregate bartering and meeting. Freeman (1976) characterized associations as the organizations of aggregate voice in the work showcase. He additionally affirmed that aggregate gatherings, for voicing representative issues are more compelling in a few circumstances as they help reinforcing laborer networks and give an immediate mean of correspondence among them and administration; however Addison and Belfield's (2004) discoveries have a tendency to discredit these contentions as indicated by them more formalized association structure may make a correspondence hole among specialists and administration, since they need to manage their issues through an outsider. Freeman and Medoff (1984) contended that association assumes a crucial job in limiting turnover rate as they give representatives the voice instruments through which they can amend the business related issues and can arrange higher pay bundles. Their contentions are upheld by Batt, Colvin and Keefe (2002), who trusts that workers in association set-ups are relied upon to have higher remuneration than they could win in comparative occupations in non-association set-up and also associations reinforce representatives, by furnishing them with a voice in deciding approaches that decrease the compensation imbalance, complaint and mediation methodology for engaging administrative choices Worker voice alludes to the two dimensional exchange among administration and representatives which enables workers to give their criticism and express their worries and distresses identifying with issues influencing them. Representative voice is certifiably not an irregular marvel as workers jump at the chance to put their recommendations for enhancements and express pains on a proceeding with premise. (Landau, 2009) Employee voice causes representative's to enhance execution as well as it is great on a fundamental level (Wilkinson 2001). It is an essential right of every worker to know the data with respect to the monetary and hierarchical execution of the association and express their worries about the work conditions or feed any thoughts which they feel will be useful and accommodating in accomplishing the long haul objectives of the association. Worker association (EI) and representative investment (EP) have been given much significance in the worker relations writing for quite a while. Worker inclusion is regularly started by the administration and it happens at bring down levels of association sharing data at the shop floor on issues that impact their everyday working not enabling them to give their sentiment about the higher lever basic leadership., then again ,worker cooperation is driven by aberrant methods for portrayal like associations and guidance chambers and so on and its went for more elevated amounts of the association concerning matters of long haul significance (Ackers et al,2003). Worker voice assumes a critical job in expanding duty. Delicate money related and hierarchical data is imparted to representatives. These emblematic signals can make them feel they are trust commendable and being dealt with decently and straightforwardly and they are a critical resource for the association. (Marchington,Wilkinson, 2005 pp77). This responsibility can prompt enhanced execution as submitted representatives put additional optional exertion in to the work. Landau, 2009 reasons that workers who express their voice and their voice is acknowledged and acknowledged are more committed,more liable to remain in the association, have great mentalities about their quick supervisors and feel more secure as contrast with the individuals who talk up unsuccessfully. Descending correspondence happens in every one of the associations, diverse sort of mediums are utilized to brief workers about the present issues looked by the association. Representative voice can clear a path for more favorable and open workplace to work in.(Wilkinson,2004) Budgetary investment not just encourages representative to contribute towards the accomplishment of the organizatioan yet in addition enable them to take a lot of organization benefits. (Marchington,2005) It is contended that workers will probably acknowledge choices in which they included. Workers will be in a privilege/better position to perform on the off chance that they realize what is normal from them and what is the circumstance of the association. Interest can prompt less clash and expanded collaboration soul. There is convincing rationale for viable worker involvement.regular arrangement of applicable data to representatives together with interview on administration proposition on issues, elevates a mutual promise to the targets of an association, this thus keeps up a positive atmosphere in which workers are persuaded to add to business achievement which benefits both manager and representatives alike. Coordinate interest: coordinate cooperation implies that the workers themselves express their conclusion and say over issues influencing them on the complexity, aberrant support implies that an outsider e.g exchange association or exhortation board speaks to one side of the representatives (Guest, Fatchett, 1974). In top down critical thinking, laborers may feel that they are being addressed and not tuned in to ,where as in base up approach,employees may feel that administration is utilizing their thoughts and recommendations without giving them any reward. A sentiment of weakness diminishes dedication and responsibility in representatives, it is essential to tap new thoughts and proposals from bring down level representatives as there are all the more near the client the work environment. There are more odds of having more fulfilled representatives in the event that they really being included. Transformational administration urges their subordinates to give proposals or report complaints or anything they are disappointed with in view of their characteristic nature towards change as opposed to simply keeping up business as usual. These activities assist the representatives with perceiving/find their incentive for the association and results in more dedicated and energetic work drive which is basic to the accomplishment of long haul objectives and targets (Detort, 2007)>GET ANSWER