Management Information Systems (MIS) assist management in manipulating business data, developing reports for business analysis, and decision support for business operations. Students should propose an information systems project and present a short paper discussing the business aspects utilizing management information systems. Students will also submit a short presentation detailing their proposed information system, clearly stating the purpose.
Imperative to the project is that students (at a minimum) clearly demonstrate how their proposed information system (1) provides business intelligence (2) provides a competitive advantage using Porter’s model (3) and details how information security is addressed with the implementation of the system.
The project deliverables include (1) project proposal of 3-4 pages and (2) PowerPoint presentation of 3-5 slides that highlight the key points of the project proposal. Students will submit all parts in the course LMS by the due date. A rubric is used to assess the degree that it provides evidence of student learning of the stated student learning outcomes. Stated another way, each project should strive to:
● describe the fundamental elements of information system principles and concepts.
● identify ways to manage the human resources involved in information systems management.
● examine the technology involved in information systems, past, present, and future.
● summarize methodologies for planning, developing, and implementing management information systems.
● recommend information systems based on stated course objectives.
- Students should use APA 7 formatting for the project proposal. Five to seven citations should be used. APA guidelines can be found at https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/general_format.html.
- The project proposal and PowerPoint presentation should include a title page. The title page and references are not included in the required page count. Title page should include your name, date, and “CIS 335 Final Project” as the title of the assignment.
- Please use 12-point Times New Roman text for both the paper and PowerPoint presentation.
- The PowerPoint presentation should be attractive with no more than 3-4 bullet points per slide. References are not required for the presentation.
ain is very dependent on the EU marketing. NFU president Meuring Raymond said:” the vote to leave the European Union will inevitably lead to a period of uncertainty in a number of areas that are of vital importance to Britain’s farmers.” (Paul, 2016, p2) This chart below shows UK import and export data. Data of total export relatively stable, however the data of total import continuously rising. Britain productive forces just meet 60 percent for consumer demand, 40 percent dependence on import. Every year 38 percent lambs, 3-million-ton wheat, barley, beef, high value added cheese and dairy products export from British to EU. For these reasons Brexit has many negative effects of import and export and farming welfare. Everything has two sides, Brexit has brought some positive effects to UK. Looking at the situation in EU, compare with other countries the British are receiving 7 percent Eu farming subsidies. With the subsidies development Britain’s Market Competitiveness be hurt. Brexit help UK trading become liberalization and expand the market, before Brexit UK need abide by EU regulation and policies, as the second responsible country, UK have less sovereignty on farming and trading. There is no specific agreement to comply with EU regulation now, there will be more possibilities for the development of British farming. According to the “Britain ‘s vote to leave the EU will plunge the country into a shallow recession in the second half of 2016, which could see the unemployment rate rise to 6.5per cent, the equivalent of around 500,000 jobs”. (Rodionova, 2016) Britain leaving the EU will affect employment level in an adverse way, since there are some European businesses based in the UK. For example, Metro bank is a bank based in Russia but they also have a branch based in London so if the Metro bank was to close down, this will affect the economy and environment because as there would be an increase in unemployment if they decide to move their business out of the UK. This will lead in to people having less disposable income which will lead to them not having enough money to spend which would not boost the economy. The more the British economy does well, the more people would be attracted to migrate to the UK as it appealing for them to come settle here as Britain is a rich country and we have a lot to offer and help people. Another example is NatWest which is a European bank so if NatWest closes, the unemployment rates would increase as there would be a reduction in jobs if a business closes which leads to less people having a disposable income. Moreover “There were 31.81 million people with jobs in the three months to August, 106,000 more than the previous quarter and 560,000 more than a year earlier. The employment rate remained at its highest ever level of 74.5 per cent. At the same time, the jobless rate was frozen at 4.9 per cent but the number of people unemployed crept up by 10,000 between quarters. There are 118,000 fewer people out of work than the same period last year”. (Clements, 2016) According to “the forecast for GDP growth falling to 1.0% in 2016 and -1.0% in 2017, we can expect the unemployment rate to jump up to 6.5% by the end of 2017 as Credit Suisse analysts said. This expected rise in unemployment is likely to squeeze nominal household incomes as wage growth t>GET ANSWER