Berlin Wall Newseum online video https://newseumed.org/activity/the-berlin-wall-and-the-press-video-lesson/ and questions
1. What was RISA and why was it important?
2. Describe how Adam Kellett_Long got “the scoop of a lifetime” regarding the building of the Berlin Wall?
3. How did Western media such as NBC cover East Berliners fleeing, and why was this story a problem for the USSR?
4. How did Western media help protesters in East Germany and others behind the “iron curtain?”
1. Sri Lanka is an island nation and god has given to Sri Lanka favors of nature blue oceans, green slopes, sandy shorelines, rich untamed life, falling waterfalls, an uproar of blooms and organic products, coconut forests, tea bequests, flavor gardens. Here ones day can be eminently sluggish by a palm cool tidal pond or loaded with euphoria, swimming, swimming, and angling or cruising like a splendid gem in the shimmering waters of the Indian Ocean. Sri Lanka is situated in a deliberately viewed as maritime spot on the world guide. This noteworthy circumstance makes a way for a noteworthy ocean course. What's more it makes a vital maritime connection between West Asia, Africa and East Asia. Sri Lanka entered the worldwide tourism field in the 1960s. From that point forward, government contribution has been the key factor in tourism improvement in Sri Lanka. The Ceylon Tourist Board (CTB) was set up in 1966 keeping in mind the end goal to give guidance and initiative to this promising part of the creating economy. The nation is well known for solid and social legacy. Friendliness, tropical woodlands, normal and intriguing shorelines, archeological destinations and the tropical atmosphere are the more alluring highlights. These variables make Sri Lanka a great traveler goal. Throughout the years tourism in Sri Lanka has grown fundamentally. Today tourism has turned into the 6th Foreign Exchange Earner (FEE) in Sri Lankan economy. 2. Tourism can have an extraordinary effect on improvement of the Sri Lankan economy. Tourism is a quickly developing industry which has been recognized by and by. Work openings and territorial advancement are assuming noteworthy part as to the tourism business improvement. It can be considered as the most essential industry in the nation all in all. The administration's vision is to make the tourism division as Sri Lanka's most creative and gainful salary producing source. 3. Amid recent decades Sri Lanka's tourism industry had few disadvantages. This was for the most part because of the security circumstance which won in the nation. Facilitate the tourism business was additionally influenced because of the Tsunami fiasco which happened in 2004. Around 2/third of the beach front territory including vacationer framework offices was crushed. The prompt post war period offered ascend to a sensational increment of visitor landing from end May 2009. 4. Keeping in mind the end goal to help the endeavors and to build up the tourism part in Sri Lanka there ought to be lodgings with selective offices which are in standard with the worldwide benchmarks to suit a substantial number of guests. In the year 2010 roughly one million sightseers went by Sri Lanka. Not at all like previously, the inflow of visitors is expanding step by step because of the finish of the 30 year common war which annihilates the entire nation. Following chart shows how tourism expanded from 1966 to 2011 in Sri Lanka. The administration is required to get 2.5 million voyagers in 2016. To provide food for this expansion traveler inns in Sri Lanka must be created. Essentially different offices ought to likewise be expanded to meet the coveted monetary objectives. Point 5. The point of this paper is to dissect the advancement of Sri Lanka tourism - difficulties and openings Topography AND CLIMATE OF SRI LANKA 6. Sir Lanka has a different landscape yet it primarily comprises of level grounds however south-focal bit of the nation's progression sided waterway, ravines inside highlights and mountain. The compliment districts are where a large portion of Sri Lanka's horticulture happens, beside coconut cultivates along the drift. Sri Lanka's atmosphere is tropical and the southwestern piece of the island is the wettest. . The northeastern piece of Sri Lanka is drier and a large portion of its rain tumbles from December to February. The greater part of the rain in the southwest tumbles from April to June and October to November Sri Lanka's normal yearly temperature is around 86°F to 91°F. An essential geographic note about Sri Lanka is its situation in the Indian Ocean, which made it powerless against one of the world's biggest cataclysmic events. On December, 26, 2004, it was struck by vast wave that hit 12 Asian nations. Around 38,000 individuals in Sri Lanka were murdered amid this episode and a lot of Sri Lanka's drift was devastated. 7. Sri Lanka is arranged in vital area close significant Indian ocean paths. It has an aggregate zone of 65,610 km², with 64,740 km² of land and 870 km² of water. Its coastline is 1,340 km long. Sri Lanka's atmosphere incorporates tropical rainstorm: the southwest storm (June to October) and the upper east rainstorm (December to March), its landscape is generally low, level to undulating plain, with mountains in the south-focal inside. The most elevated point is Pidurutalagala at 2,524.13 m. Asset incorporate limestone, mineral sands, jewels, graphite, phosphates, mud, and hydropower. 8. Adam's Bridge, a land association with the Indian terrain, is currently for the most part submerged with just a chain of limestone shores staying above ocean level. As indicated by sanctuary records, this common highway was beforehand entire, however was ruptured by a brutal tempest (presumably a violent wind) in 1480. SRI LANKA'S COMMITMENT TO TOURISM 9. Tourism is an indispensable territory in the strategy structure has been distinguished as able to do productively driving the nation's financial improvement. The program's vision for the tourism area is to make Sri Lanka premier flexibility goal in the South Asian Region. The program trusts the HR and regular and social enrichments esteems and country will be fundamental in changing Sri Lanka into a focal point of brilliance and offer sightseers the most elevated estimations of genuine encounters in its novel setting. 10 The One Stop Unit - Unit for National Investment in Tourism is a Centralized advancement and help focus Established Thurs help potential tourism speculators intrigued by putting resources into Sri Lanka Tourism Industry. Expert staff from different government organizations enables financial specialists To distinguish conceivable activities, Obtain data conceivable, Regarding Investments, submit applications, and Provide bolster in acquiring venture advancement benefits, exchange licenses and different endorsements Requested for venture leeway. OSU Prevents the requirement for financial specialists Thurs invest energy looking for answers and guarantees all questions are dealt with by its pro staff. 11. Genuine common unsettling influences beginning in July 1983 and the consequent brutality seriously influenced tourism. Add up to landings were 230,106 out of 1986, down 43 percent from 1982. To facilitate the difficulty of the business, the administration gave different concessions to lodgings, for example, the rescheduling of advances and the diminishment of the turnover charge from 10 percent to 5 percent. The Ceylon Tourist Board likewise embraced a crash advancement program trying to reestablish the island's picture in world visitor markets. Visitor entries in the initial a half year of 1987, be that as it may, demonstrated a decay of 23 percent contrasted and a similar period the earlier year. In mid 1988, the viewpoint was for assist withdrawal. 12. In 1988 it stayed indistinct whether the arrangements of monetary advancement Sri Lanka has sought after since 1977 would prevail in their chief objectives of business, riches creation, and financial broadening. Albeit expanded rice creation, the development of material assembling, and an enhanced foundation were victories that could be credited to the post-1977 approaches, these increases came at the cost of a mounting outside and household obligation and declining expectations for everyday comforts for poor people. POLITICAL ENVIRONMENT TOWARDS TOURISM 13. The One Stop Unit - Unit for National Investment in Tourism is a Centralized advancement and help focus Established Thurs help potential tourism speculators intrigued by putting resources into Sri Lanka Tourism Industry. Expert staff from different government offices enables financial specialists To distinguish conceivable tasks, Obtain data conceivable, Regarding Investments, submit applications, and Provide bolster in acquiring venture advancement benefits, exchange licenses and different endorsements Requested for venture leeway. OSU Prevents the requirement for speculators Thurs invest energy looking for answers and guarantees all inquiries are taken care of by its pro staff. 14. Genuine common aggravations beginning in July 1983 and the ensuing savagery seriously influenced tourism. Add up to entries were 230,106 out of 1986, down 43 percent from 1982. To facilitate the issue of the business, the administration gave different concessions to inns, for example, the rescheduling of credits and the lessening of the turnover charge from 10 percent to 5 percent. The Ceylon Tourist Board additionally embraced a crash advancement program trying to reestablish the island's picture in world vacationer markets. Vacationer entries in the initial a half year of 1987, nonetheless, demonstrated a decrease of 23 percent contrasted and a similar period the earlier year. In mid 1988, the viewpoint was for encourage withdrawal. 15. In 1988 it stayed indistinct whether the arrangements of monetary progression Sri Lanka has sought after since 1977 would prevail in their main objectives of business, riches creation, and financial broadening. Albeit expanded rice generation, the development of material assembling, and an enhanced foundation were victories that could be ascribed to the post-1977 strategies, these increases came at the cost of a mounting remote and residential obligation and declining expectations for everyday comforts for poor people. Advancement OF TOURISM INVESTMENT 16. The Board of Investment has presented motivators as assessment exclusions, obligation free imports and the unwinding of controls on outside trade possessions. The motivations gave by the administration have basically pulled in interest in the lodging area. The present lodging limit is 13,670 rooms. That figure is anticipated to increment to 21,000 rooms by 2004, which will suit the objective of 1 million voyagers. Five provincial household air terminals to be rebuilt at an aggregate cost of approx. Rs. 2bn: Rathmalana, Koggala ,Ampara ,>GET ANSWER