You have applied for a Post-Doctoral Fellowship role at the United Nations University – International Institute for Global Health UNU-IIGH and you’ve been asked to answer the following questions based on your submitted CV/Resume: Also see attached the Post-Doctoral Fellowship posting
Use the attached resume/cv to answer the following questions:
1. Why do you want to join the UNU-IIGH as a post-doctoral fellow?
2. What qualities do you think is needed in this role and how do you fit in?
3. In your experience and education; how have you addressed issues of marginalization from access to health and health care (age and ageing, gender, forced migration, indigeneity, geography, universal health coverage, global health governance, reproductive health, and human rights)?
4. As a post-doctoral fellow you will be expected to address issues of marginalization from access to health and health care (age and ageing, gender, forced migration, indigeneity, geography, universal health coverage, global health governance, reproductive health, and human rights), how do you intend to go about it?
5. What international and national policies in the field of public health do you know off that has supported your research in the past and can possibly help in addressing the issues in #4 & #5?
6. How can you contribute to the ongoing research projects in the Institute? What ongoing research projects are you aware off and how can you contribute?
7. How can you contribute to UNU-IIGH’s objectives? which are stated below:
a. to undertake and strengthen research in global health, with a particular focus on approaches to health in the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development;
b. to build and enhance capacity for solutions to key global health issues, especially in developing countries; and
c. to promote networking among global health institutions between countries
8. What do you understand by UNU-IIGH’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) “no one is left behind”? How can you contribute as a post-doctoral fellow?
9. Review any public health article that is authored or co-authored by Professor Pascale Allotey and Dr. Obijiofor Aginam; what were you able to learn from the articles and what the names of the articles you reviewed?
10. What are your strengths and what are your weaknesses?
11. Why should we select you above every other candidate?