Write an Agency research paper.
Include the following information and the provided headings should be used to organize your paper. The paper should be in APA format and use Times New Roman 12 point font. SWI will complete a 10-12 page paper. Please note that title page and references page do not count in page length requirement.
1. Agency Overview/ Historical origins of the agency: What is the name of the agency; what is the history of the agency? How many years has it been in existence? What services does the agency provide? Number of employees; Annual budget, number of years in existence.
2. Agency mission, vision and goals: Identify the key elements in your organization’s mission statement, vision and goals; Is the mission statement clear, compelling, inspirational, and concise; In what ways does the organization communicate the mission to its various stakeholders?
3. Agency service provision: (pb a) What services does the agency provide? How does the agency advocate for clients to have access to the services provided? What is the potential for other services that the agency might provide in the future? What steps will need to be taken in order for the agency to provide these new services that you have identified? This section should also include a literature review and the student should utilize a minimum of 6 professional journal articles as sources that are focused on the placement agency’s services.
4. Staffing & human resources: (pb b) Leadership; What is the leadership of the agency? Discuss the organization culture and how change occurs; What is the quality of working life (e.g. employee relationships and functioning); Describe ways in which workplace problems are addressed (e.g. discrimination, bullying & harassment); etc.
How do agency staff/professionals practice personal reflection and self-correction to assure continual professional development?
5. Roles in the agency: (pb c) What titles or professional roles are identified in the agency? How are interns to identify themselves to clients in the agency? How specifically do social workers in the agency attend to professional roles and boundaries?
6. Professionalism: (pb d) Flow do the agency staff/professionals demonstrate professional demeanor in behavior, appearance, and communication? Provide some specific examples.
7. Lifelong Leaming/Continuing Education: (pb e) How does the agency staff/professionals address continuing education or lifelong learning? Does the agency provide any training for agency personnel? Is social work licensure required? If so what levels of licensure are required or what levels of licensure are found in the agency and what roles are they associated with?
8. Supervision/Consultation: (pb f) How do the agency staff/professionals utilize supervision and consultation when needed? Are there designated supervisors who oversee certain units or departments within the agency? How are ethical dilemmas resolved?
9. Stakeholder expectations: What is the status of client relations; Describe the program design and service delivery.
10. Policy: Discuss local, state, or federal policy that impacts the agency; discuss policies that are relevant in relating to the functioning of the agency. How is policy created for the agency? How are policies amended in the agency?
11. Environment: Assess the environment, including strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats; social, political, economic, and technological trends;
12. Diversity: How does diversity fit in the agency environment and plan? How is cultural competency addressed?
13. Funding of the Agency: Assess the financial resources and funding opportunities. What are the areas for growth or expansion for the agency?
14. Strengths and Weaknesses: Comment on key strengths and weaknesses of the agency. Note any prior or current efforts to address any of them.
Use examples to illustrate particularly strong or weak areas.
Identify critical issues facing the organization such as: What area needs attention and/or development? Why does this area need attention and/or development?