watch the documentary “The Conscientious Objector” available on YouTube or in three segments on http://hopetv.org.uk/programmes/episodes/ml/desmond-doss/
For your information: You could also watch the movie “Hacksaw Ridge” featuring Vince Vaughn and directed by Mel Gibson, but it is very graphic and could be upsetting for some of you to be subjected to watch the horrors of war.
In this documentary (and/or the movie), you will undoubtedly perceive the intense social/situational/cognitive factors faced by Desmond Dross, as he struggled to make ethical decisions.
- VIRTUE ETHICS: How did Desmond exhibit Virtue Ethics? (e.g., courage? …transparency? …perseverance? … reliability? … trustworthiness? …what else?). Please research and describe a newsworthy story in which a businessperson exhibited virtue ethics in a similar manner. Please cite scholarly sources to support your ideas.
- DEONTOLOGY / DUTY THEORY: Desmond’s “explicit values” flowed very much from his deontological ethics; he thereby focused on the rightness or wrongness of his actions themselves, as opposed to the rightness or wrongness of the consequences. Describe how he utilized deontological ethics (e.g., ethical and/or religious commandments) to inform his behaviors. Please research and describe a newsworthy story in which a businessperson exhibited deontological ethics in a similar manner. Please cite scholarly sources to support your ideas.
- When did he not act consistently with the ethical and/or religious commandments to which he subscribed? What is your assessment of the scenarios when he did not act consistently?
- What were the short-term consequences for maintaining his integrity (i.e. integrity can be defined as the quality of being honest & having strong moral principles; moral uprightness; the state of being whole & undivided)?
- What were the long-term consequences of maintaining his integrity?
- How did he use moral imagination to enlist & serve his country, without giving in to moral temptation?
- How did he avoid ethical fading, despite the tremendous pressure he faced in the army culture? (e.g., how did he ensure he had “thoughts during judgment” each and every day?)
- Please describe how Desmond did subscribe to Utilitarian Ethics. Please research and describe a newsworthy story in which a businessperson exhibited utilitarian ethics in a similar manner. Please cite scholarly sources to support your ideas.
institutional objectives. The degree of to which these understudy associations add to the accomplishment of institutional objectives will likewise decide how a lot of the school will likewise help in the upgrade of the understudy associations' projects. The specialists esteemed it important to survey the understudy associations at LPU with the end perspective on deciding their commitments to the advancement of the understudies, in accordance with the school's vision-crucial institutional objectives. As pursue, (Rowena, 2015) expressed to her investigation that Status of Co-Curricular and Extra Class Activities of Student Organizations from Selected Tertiary Institutions in the Philippines investigates the co-curricular and additional class exercises in Batangas Province and the effect of these exercises on understudies' advancement. The illustrative strategy for examine was used with the utilization of a survey as the principle information gathering instrument, enhanced by narrative examination, meeting and center gathering dialog. Consequences of the investigation uncovered that every one of the universities have perceived understudy associations, and its participation aside from in understudy government depended on understudies' inclinations. The objectives were in accordance with the vision and strategic the foundation and enrollment expense was the essential wellspring of store. The respondents surveyed that there was a broad investment of understudies in co-curricular and additional class exercises. The methodologies applied were compelling and conveyance frameworks were regularly utilized by the understudies' association. It was discovered that the organization was steady of understudy exercises explicitly in the utilization of physical offices. The discoveries uncovered that the distinguished exercises added, as it were, to understudies' psychological, social, physical, conduct and good improvement. The qualities of the exercises were apparent, notwithstanding, shortcomings were at times watched. An administration manual for co-curricular and additional class exercises was the yield of the investigation. Evangelista (2011) expressed that the University's Student Information System (SIS) of Nueva Vizcaya State University is a safe, web-available intelligent PC framework that permits client access to review reports, transcripts, timetable of classes, and remaining parity for the semester a>GET ANSWER