Before beginning work on this discussion forum,review the link “Doing Discussion Questions Right,” the expanded grading rubric for the forum, and any specific instructions for this topic.
Before the end of the unit, begin commenting on at least two of your classmates’ responses. You can ask technical questions or respond generally to the overall experience. Be objective, clear, and concise. Always use constructive language, even in criticism, to work toward the goal of positive progress. Submit your responses in the Discussion Area.
Application: Taking a Stand
Effective leaders have a high degree of self-awareness and know how to leverage their strengths in the workplace. Assessments are a valuable tool that professionals can use to learn more about themselves and consider how their temperament and preferences influence their interactions with others.
As you engage in this learning process, it is important to remember that everyone—regardless of temperament type or related preferences—experiences some challenges with regard to leadership. The key to success is being able to recognize and leverage your own strengths while honoring differences among your colleagues.
At some point in your leadership career, you will encounter an ethical or moral dilemma that requires you to take a stand and defend your position.
For this Assignment, you evaluate an issue and consider how you could act as a moral agent or advocate, facilitating the resolution of the issue for a positive outcome.
• Consider the examples of leadership demonstrated in this week’s media presentation and the other Learning Resources.
• To further your self-knowledge, you are required to complete the Kiersey Temperament as indicated in this week’s Learning Resources. Consider your leadership style, including your strengths for leading others and include your results from Kiersey Temperament Sorter to describe potential challenges related to your leadership style.
• Mentally survey your work environment, or one with which you are familiar, and identify a timely issue/dilemma that requires you to perform the leadership role of moral agent or advocate to improve a situation (e.g., speaking or acting on behalf of a vulnerable patient, the need for appropriate staffing, a colleague being treated unfairly).
• What ethical, moral, or legal skills, dispositions, and/or strategies would help you resolve this dilemma? Define the differences between ethical, moral, and legal leadership.
• Finally, consider the values and principles that guide the nursing profession; the organization’s mission, vision, and values; the leadership and management competencies addressed in this course; and your own values and reasons for entering the profession. What motivation do you see for taking a stand on an important issue even when it is difficult to do so?
Write a 4 to 5 page paper (page count does not include title and reference page) that addresses the following:
• Introduce the conceptual frameworks of the ethical constructs of ethics, moral, or legal standards and the purpose of the paper.
• Consider an ethical, moral, or legal dilemma that you have encountered in your work environment and describe it.
• Analyze the moral, ethical, and legal implications utilized in this situation. Describe your role as a moral agent or advocate for this specific issue.
• Consider your leadership styles identified by your self-assessment and determine if they act as a barrier or facilitation during this dilemma.
On the internal layer of the business environment, Beats by Dre adopted a Blue Ocean strategy (Pitta, D., 2012; Pitta, E., 2012), creating and uncontested market space and capturing a new demand for its premium products. Now, the organisation has more than 700 employees (Welch, 2014) and its structure relies on a traditional hierarchical management (Meyer,2017). Beats’ suppliers are the same as Apple, Inc. suppliers, due to the acquisition, which consists mostly in Asian electronic parts (Apple Inc., 2017a). Apple’s supplier list is extensive; however, Beats’ premium technology image is important for its customers, so the bargaining power of the suppliers is moderate. With the industry’s competitors of the premium headset, such as Sony, Bose and Skullcandy, and the flood of new products in the market, it could be hypothesized that Beats by Dre would have a low bargaining power over its customers. However, Beats still represents status and a unique product, resulting in customer’s power reduction over them. It is a strong competition, but Beats succeeded on conquering the customer’s loyalty and still dominate the market (“An analysis of Beats by Dre”, n.d.). Many factors can influence the company at the external layer of the business environment. Considering the political analysis, Beats provides an international product with most of its markets outside the United States, therefore the company must maintain good political relations among countries. These trade relations allow the company’s expansion. The increase in tax is another political element example. In Brazil, the import tax rate is elevated, 34% (Wikipedia, 2017), making the product expensive, therefore reducing the number of consumers and affecting the demand patterns of the company. Economic factors can alter the product consumption, for example in the eventuality of financial crisis. In instance, the financial crisis of 2009 reduced dramatically technological productivity (Adler & Duval, 2017). Beats by Dre is a luxury item, so in time of shortage, people can choose a less expensive product. Beats is mainly a social brand, associated with the world’s biggest figures. Therefore, it is critical that the company maintain a social responsibility with its customers, such as the brand Product Red (McGlaun, 2010), an initiative aimed for fighting tuberculosis, AIDS and malaria ((RED), 2017). Another example of social commitment was when Dr. Dre faced criticism of violence against women in his film Straight Outta Compton; he made a public announcement apologizing for the ones he have hurt 25 years ago (Daily Mail, 2015). The cultural change that society has witnessed in relation to headphones is intrinsic. Back in the days, people used to listen to music on their portable cassette player with uncomfortable headphones, poor quality sound and cable connected. Nowadays, the headsets are ingrained into the society. People use them everywhere, with mobile devices streaming the music. This digital evolution and cultural shift led to the creation of wireless headphones, with better comfort and quality sound. In addition, Beats’ visionary strategy have led the premium headsets category to a 95% revenue growth (Popper, 2014), The commitment that the creator and the company have with the high-tech product is one of the reasons to attract audiophiles, sound engineers and musicians. The acquisition made by Apple Inc. just reassured their commitment to technological advancements and innovations. Apple Inc. also ensures that its subsidiary is legally compliant with the health and safety of its foreigner’s suppliers and with the environment (Apple Inc., 2017b). The many lawsuits, such as from Monster and from Bose, that the founders have been facing since 2014 can influence at the company’s image. The supposedly creation of the design and corporate identity by Steven Lamar is one of them (The Guardian, 2016).>GET ANSWER